Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:45 PM

392 posts, read 839,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Personally, I would avoid a "party boat" because with all that alchohol, the "party" might be your funeral after you fall into the polluted waters of NJ when some drunk smashes into you. Not to mention the crime that could potentially happen on a boat, what with no police to call, and the fact that the occasional unpredictable storm could come up and destroy the hole boat.
I think you may be confused. OP is not looking for a circa 1700's pirate ship.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:48 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,324,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post

LMAO.

You're right, I've been on party boats a lot but I'm not that old. I can't even speak pirate talk.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:22 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,625,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I did a lot of fishing on the party boats when I lived in NJ and, for the most part, didn't run into a lot of problems. The drunks tend to stay by themselves and I never ran into any crime.
Mikey:
Ignore this troll, Victorian P He uses any thread to bash NJ.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Mikey:
Ignore this troll, Victorian P He uses any thread to bash NJ.
Thanks Shanny.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:59 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,906,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Personally, I would avoid a "party boat" because with all that alchohol, the "party" might be your funeral after you fall into the polluted waters of NJ when some drunk smashes into you. Not to mention the crime that could potentially happen on a boat, what with no police to call, and the fact that the occasional unpredictable storm could come up and destroy the hole boat.
LOL. WTF? Actually, for what it's worth, NJ seems to have the highest marine police presence of pretty much anywhere I've ever piloted a boat.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
LOL. WTF? Actually, for what it's worth, NJ seems to have the highest marine police presence of pretty much anywhere I've ever piloted a boat.
Both the Coast Guard and the NJ State Police Marine Unit. I've never had a problem on a boat out of NJ.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,750,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post

LMAO!!! Quick-rep for that one!!! LOL

Old 07-14-2009, 10:00 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,906,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Both the Coast Guard and the NJ State Police Marine Unit. I've never had a problem on a boat out of NJ.
Oh, I never meant to imply I had a problem with the marine police presence in NJ, simply that it's pretty strong compared to a lot of other places. But that's to be expected given the fact that we're a small state with more boaters on the water than many larger states. By the way, a lot of local police agencies are getting in on the act now. I know, offhand, three towns in Ocean County (Brick, Mantoloking, Berkeley Twp.) have marine police units and the Ocean County Sheriff also has a marine unit. I'm sure there are a few more I'm not aware of.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Oh, I never meant to imply I had a problem with the marine police presence in NJ, simply that it's pretty strong compared to a lot of other places. But that's to be expected given the fact that we're a small state with more boaters on the water than many larger states. By the way, a lot of local police agencies are getting in on the act now. I know, offhand, three towns in Ocean County (Brick, Mantoloking, Berkeley Twp.) have marine police units and the Ocean County Sheriff also has a marine unit. I'm sure there are a few more I'm not aware of.
I didn't mean to imply you had a problem. I just added the State Police Marine unit as an addition to the Coast Guard. The first time I saw the SP Marine Unit, I was surprised since I didn't know it exsisted. I'm glad the police departments are adding marine units since the NJ waterways are heavily used by pleasure boats.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM

85 posts, read 270,984 times
NJMike, you can head over to njfishing.com
It is the largest fishing site in the Sandy Hook/Raritan bay area.

They have a LOT of sponsers who are party boats (Ron and The Fisherman being one of them) and will have links to their websites.

I am an extremely avid fisherman, altho I have my own boat and know the waters well.

The 1st thing you need to determine is what you will be fishing for.

Now it is primarliy fluke (summer flounder during the day, some boats doing bottom trips for ling and seabass, and evening trips for bluefish).

Most boats will be fluke fishing.

If you are dead set on the Atlantic Highlands, boats to look at are:

The Fisherman: Captain Ron's 72' FISHERMEN sailing out of Atlantic Highlands, NJ

The Angler: ANGLER - Sportfishing party boat from Atlantic Highlands, NJ

Sea Hunter: SEA HUNTER, Atlantic Highlands, NJ - Home page

Prowler 5: Prowler 5

That should get you started.

As I said, most boats fishing fluke during day and blues at night, with some doing bottom trips further offshore.

Some boats are considered half day and go until noon, others considered 3/4 day and fish until 2;30.

Many offer twilight trips in afternoon thru evening for fluke.

Those are BEAUTIFUL trips as that is the prettiest time to be out on the water (think I will go myself this Friday eve

Their is a boat out of Perth Amboy that I can highly reco also, especially if you live closer to Perth Amboy- The fishing has been better in the back bay, so they may not have to run as far as of right now.

Seahawk: The Seahawk-Raritan Bay Sandy Hook Party Boat | The Sea Hawk fishing partyboat sailing daily from the Perth Amboy marina.732-615-7531 | Fish, Fishing, Offer, Well, Time

That should get you started, but go to njfishing.com for reports and to see links on more party and charter boats.

PM me if I can be of any assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey