Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
You might want to see if there are any Sunday School Programs in your area. Maybe they have something.
Wouldn't that involve staying for the adult service though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w9q View Post
However, generally speaking, what is wrong with Trenton?
The bullets that are flying all over the place, for one thing. The hookers, drug dealers and the general number of people who appear to be up to no good are the icing on the cake.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:41 PM
w9q w9q started this thread

8 posts, read 28,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
The bullets that are flying all over the place, for one thing. The hookers, drug dealers and the general number of people who appear to be up to no good are the icing on the cake.
We are usually up in Trenton from Princeton for shopping on Trenton Farmers Market. Have you been there? It has a nice selection of local produce in the season, fine foods and has some kind of rustic old fashioned atmosphere. And we haven't seen anything like you describe. The people there are always peaceful, friendly and relaxed, and lots of kids... Or Trenton Farmer Market is not considered Trenton? Or it is not representative?

Old 07-15-2009, 10:04 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
The Trenton Farmers Market is actually in Lawrence NJ-http://www.thetrentonfarmersmarket.com/
On Spruce St. at the junction of Lawrence/Trenton/Ewing.
Not a bad place at all, although, I find their prices for produce a little on the high side.

Not far from this location, a 13 y/o was killed in a drive by shooting on June 8th 2009, a Sunday afternoon, at a block BBQ 13-Year-Old Killed During Trenton Block Party - cbs3.com (http://cbs3.com/local/shooting.teen.rossell.2.1035627.html - broken link)

Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,630 times
Quote:
We are usually up in Trenton from Princeton for shopping on Trenton Farmers Market. Have you been there? It has a nice selection of local produce in the season, fine foods and has some kind of rustic old fashioned atmosphere. And we haven't seen anything like you describe. The people there are always peaceful, friendly and relaxed, and lots of kids... Or Trenton Farmer Market is not considered Trenton? Or it is not representative?
I have family in the area, including an Lt. in the Trenton PD. I'm all-too aware of what goes on in Trenton. I've done more than one police ride-along on a Friday night. It's not pretty. Riding along Olden Ave. at night (and having to stop to get gas) makes me wish there was a CCW permit available in NJ more than anything.

And as someone mentioned, the Farmer's Mkt. is not held within the city limits.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:40 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,237,676 times
Quote:
how is it that you live so close to trenton, and are unaware of what goes on there? i grew up outside of newark, but i was never blind to how unsafe it was....and still is.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Yeah, whenever I go into Trenton it's like Omaha Beach on D-Day...................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey