Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:37 PM

39 posts, read 151,158 times

Advertisements

And to think they are building one in Green Brook on the already-nightmarish Route 22! And the location it will be at looks too thin for one! Oh boy, Green Brook police are going to have a field day for the next year or two!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 11:42 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,749 times
Simple solution to this Sonic madness. =.= Build more Sonics for people to go to (in places that should not interfere with traffic).

Sonic seemed to have underestimated the population numbers here since we've been brainwashed by their commercials. The "idea" of building more Sonics around northern NJ is too slow just to say it. Something as tragic (and to be honest, ridiculous) as a traffic cop being dragged by an agressive car should not have happened at a place where people gather to enjoy food. I can understand how new the place is, but when I think of the place... I think of Bobby Flay's Burger Palace and how that place still has long lines after all these few months. Sure, we can wait patiently for the lines to die down (hopefully)... (And yeah, Bobby Flay's place is just meh to me. I don't see what was great about it but some people are raving like it's the bomb. O.o Give me Emeril's any day!)

Old 07-16-2009, 12:09 AM

39 posts, read 151,158 times
People love anything new and for the time being novel. They love it even more if the brand is already established and word of mouth from those who have been there praise it almost consistently. I'm sure this is what it was like when Olive Garden first came here, when McDonald's first came, Dairy Queen, etc. I don't even want to think how nuts it will be when Xanedu finally opens! When Red Robin first opened in South Plainfield the place was mobbed all the friggin time now I'd say on a good day only 75 percent full capacity is being used. Just gotta wait it out I guess until the same thing happens to Sonic; in the meantime, traffic will be the mantra!

Old 07-16-2009, 07:31 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
this what marketing at its best. bold move but worth it.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
You see, one can go to what's called a Supermarket which is a place that sells food (to ones that don't know - lol!), buy it bring it home and cook it if need be by ones-self.

Also Brown Bag it for lunch.

What a novelty!

At least then one knows what they're eating verses the "whatever" byproducts in these Fast Fat Food "joints".

Old 07-16-2009, 08:23 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
isn't it because it's relatively new? give it awhile, the hype will die down.
Agree. I remember when the White Castle in Ledgewood opened. It was mobbed in the beginning. Same with the Outback across the street on Rt. 46.

Admittedly, I was part of the White Castle mob.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:26 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Agree. I remember when the White Castle in Ledgewood opened. It was mobbed in the beginning. Same with the Outback across the street on Rt. 46.

Admittedly, I was part of the White Castle mob.
Yup. It was madness.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:35 AM

467 posts, read 1,489,199 times
They opened one in Boynton Beach, Fl. about 2 years ago..crowded when they opened, now if you go, it's
just a bunch of frazzled parents with kids who don't have to get out of the car to feed the little "darlings"
and teenagers...Went once, don't know what the hoopla is all about..it's fast food folks, ,nothing really
different except you can stay in your car and the kids on skates serving you. No lines here

Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
I don't even bother with the whole car-hop thing- I'll hit the drive thru for a #1, some tots and a diet cherry lime-ade. In and out in about 3 minutes. Mmmmmmm....I said "In and Out"- not that's an awesome fast food joint that really needs to move East......lol

Old 07-16-2009, 06:52 PM

25 posts, read 110,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
...unlike a lot of people, I will NOT wait on the shoulder of a highway just to eat fast food. Sonic is good, but it's not that great that it warrants a wait like that. I won't even go when the place has no wait but is mostly full. I'd rather just go when they hype dies down, on a dead night, maybe in the winter, when there are not too many cars there.

I don't understand the ridiculous craziness where people feel like it's worth it to wait like that for some fast food. It's good food - not great, but good. I went by the one on 17 one night when the line was to the edge of the parking lot, but not on the road - STILL too crowded for me. I can go to Shoprite, buy tater tots, take them home, and make them in the time it would have taken to wait for an order of tots at Sonic.

I think the people who wait like that are foolish. It's just fast food, and they're not going anywhere. If I have to wait a year, or more, I will. Not that big a deal. I'll probably have Sonic in some other state before I have it in NJ at this point.

Now a cop got hit amidst the ridiculous traffic jam-ups at the Rt. 17 location. All over stupid fast food. That's just ridiculous. It's bad enough they needed the cops, and more ridiculous that the cop got hit by one of those crazy fools.

When will the madness end??? It's just fast food, people! They're not giving out bars of gold or the secret to eternal youth (more like the secret to aging too quickly, lol). Sitting on the shoulder of a highway is not worth fast food.

I agree with you. It's hyped up and busy because people just wanna be able to say they have been to the new place in town and have something to talk about. I don't wait in lines at restaurants, not even at my most favorite restaurant. If it's that good the I will go some other time. I have been to the sonic in Waretown and have been to one in DE. I see their gonna build one in Greenbrook on Rt. 22.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey