Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:36 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,950,796 times

Advertisements

I was with WAMU till Chase took them over. I thought BOA had the best online banking and bill payer, but Chase is even better. The smaller banks are more stable here in NJ but not happy with their online banking. BOA and Chase have an alert when a direct deposit is made, Investors Savings does not. I'm not concerned with fees as I don't let it happen. Chase offered a good promo, $125 for a new checking acct with direct deposit or so many debit card transactions. Also I was treated good with the staff at Chase, customer service seems to really good. What bank sends you an email and letter in the mail thanking you for opening an account, and they waived the fee for first batch of checks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 06:16 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBone View Post
Just be aware that Atlantic Stewardship Bank has Christian tenets. It's their mission and part of their by-laws. They follow the Biblical tithing principles so 10% of their earnings is donated to Christian charities.

This may matter to some.
Why would that matter to anyone?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:25 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,078 times
Default 4.25% APY on a checking account!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Also, there's a small chain of banks in Bergen, Passaic, and Morris Counties called Atlantic Stewardship Bank. A friend of mine has accounts there and he can't say enough good things about them. (Looking at their web site, can it really be -- 4.25% on a checking account?)
Opened a checking account there today. Yes, there are a few hoops you have to jump through but they really do pay 4.25% APY on the first $25,000. That's almost $90 a month in interest!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:27 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Opened a checking account there today. Yes, there are a few hoops you have to jump through but they really do pay 4.25% APY on the first $25,000. That's almost $90 a month in interest!
Who keeps $25,000 in a checking account????

Old 07-20-2009, 10:32 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,078 times
Default Who keeps $25,000 in a checking account:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Who keeps $25,000 in a checking account????
A lot of people do:
1) Those who want liquidity.
2) Those who have short-term needs ... buying a car, paying for college, or a down-payment on a house, etc.
3) Those who feel that they can't get a better secure return elsewhere in today's unstable financial markets.
4) People with money who don't want to worry about bouncing a check.
5) Other suggestions?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
A lot of people do:
1) Those who want liquidity.
2) Those who have short-term needs ... buying a car, paying for college, or a down-payment on a house, etc.
3) Those who feel that they can't get a better secure return elsewhere in today's unstable financial markets.
4) People with money who don't want to worry about bouncing a check.
5) Other suggestions?
All of those could be handled through a savings account that doesn't tie your money up for long periods of time, can be linked to a checking account for easy transfers, and doesn't leave you exposed if someone swipes your ATM card info.

We've got our savings and checking linked, yet only allow access to the checking throught the ATM. It provides just as much liquidity as keeping the money in the checking account, but isn't accessible from an ATM/credit card linked to the checking account. Transfers are a simple phone call or 60-second online transaction if the need to buy a car, etc., suddenly arises.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:43 AM

636 posts, read 1,423,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
All of those could be handled through a savings account that doesn't tie your money up for long periods of time, can be linked to a checking account for easy transfers, and doesn't leave you exposed if someone swipes your ATM card info.

We've got our savings and checking linked, yet only allow access to the checking throught the ATM. It provides just as much liquidity as keeping the money in the checking account, but isn't accessible from an ATM/credit card linked to the checking account. Transfers are a simple phone call or 60-second online transaction if the need to buy a car, etc., suddenly arises.
Who will pay 4.25%?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
Who will pay 4.25%?
Atlantic Stewardship Bank, apparently.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:24 AM

1,014 posts, read 786,397 times
I have Commerce Bank/TD Bank they are a good bank i used to have susquehanna bank they are a terrible bank.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,549 times
Bank of America has screwed me with credit cards and now Countrywide was sold to those bastards. I would rather carry all my money on me at all times than give them a cent of my business. Always forced to them and always have been screwed by them. 3 years with Countrywide and not 1 ounce of issues. 1 month with BOA and break out the Vaseline and grab those ankles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey