Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 10:08 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I honestly dont find my taxes that bad, considering I am making thousands more in wages than I did when I lived in the south (Florida) for a short while. All I can say is Im glad to be back in NJ, I have lived in North Jersey and South Jersey and this state is incredible from north to south.
My husband is making the same, plus no state income tax. He asked for a transfer here.
Our Real Estate tax in NJ, was $10,000 for a 2600 sq ft house, here its $3,500for a 4500 sq ft house. He has a 20 min Commute by Car, Parks free under building in a coporate park. His car gets 42 mpg . No tolls here.
In NJ, Commute by bus, over $200 a month. Parking at Bus Stop, $125 a yr
Time of Commute in -55 min non rush, he went in early, Return- 1 1/2 hors to 2 1/2. Avg, 2 hours
I like it better here, much more to do. Downtown is 15-20 min, and have Theater, Symphony, Ballet, Art Museums, and lots of music venues.

Diane G--------going to the mountains of TN next weekend

Old 07-20-2009, 10:12 PM

75 posts, read 194,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Check out the Florida forums and look at some of the pics! It is gorgeous in most of this state! Everywhere you drive along the coast is beautiful. A photographers dream!
South Beach is paradise and has been voted the #1 Beach for the tenth year now!
The whole coast on both sides is beautiful. Swamps? I don't think so!
Now where would one go to take beautiful photos in Jersey?
Newark? Paterson? Trenton? The Hudson River? The Passaic River? Where is the stunning photography to be had there?
Maybe Manhattan, that is it!
Oh! The Jersey Shore? Yuck!
I love Florida!
Jersey, again, is a great place to visit.
I do miss the diners, deli's and the Italian restaurants and also the Stage Deli in Manhattan!
Hunterdon County NJ is beautiful...I think you left you the western part of NJ. Stunningly beautiful. Not as cheap as FL. for sure but I would never live in FL.. You can have the lizards, crocs, snakes, hurricanes and devastated economy, far worse than NJ's.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,038,600 times
i wonder when the OP, NEWJERSEY1, is going to check in with us again?

oh that's right, he won't be doing any such thing.

i was trying to avoid posting in this thread again with the hope that it would run its course, but since it's obvious that people are going to keep adding their thoughts, i'll reiterate what i stated earlier:

the OP has a history of creating pointless threads and then disappearing. in this case, he has one-upped himself by crafting a genuinely trollish post, which has given the usual malcontents a platform to air their myriad grievances against the garden state.

while i will be the first to admit that everyone has a right to voice their opinions - even if they're not popular ones - it gets really tiresome to hear the same complaints from the same handful of posters. to be honest, it really detracts from an otherwise interesting and informative board.

i realize that the handful of disgruntled nj forum posters are going to vent their frustrations no matter what, but it doesn't help matters when some kid creates threads such as this one, which is practically begging for the haters to pile on.

if you check out the various boards on this site, you'll see that every single one sees its share of negative posts.
typically, there are two types of people who complain:

-those who hate anything and everything about their state and are miserable because they feel stuck there
-those who are not shy to air their complaints but at the same time are helpful to those who need answers to their questions. these people may not like where they live(d), but at the same time, they are quite knowledgeable about their region and in some cases will even admit their state's strengths/positives. at the very least, there tends to be less vitriol from these folks.

i take issue with the first group, as the only thing they contribute is negative energy, but for the most part i don't mind the latter.

in other words:
if you hate nj, fine, but at least try to be a productive/interesting poster in between a few of those rants.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 PM

380 posts, read 709,196 times
THE ORIGINAL POSTER WAS CHRIS CHRISTIE !!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
the original poster was chris christie !!!!!!!
lol!

Old 07-21-2009, 02:01 AM

96 posts, read 119,874 times
[quote=FlyersFan;9864483]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I honestly dont find my taxes that bad,/quote]

If the taxes in New Jersey are the worst of all 50 states and you don't find them "that bad" I can't imagine what the tax burden would have to escalate to for you to recognize "bad".
New Jersey isn't half as bad as Maryland.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:20 AM

284 posts, read 542,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
THE ORIGINAL POSTER WAS CHRIS CHRISTIE !!!!!!!
hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,134 times
Troll thread or not- I still can't grasp how anyone can care that much about sports.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:33 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
My husband is making the same, plus no state income tax. He asked for a transfer here.
Your case is the exception not the rule. Your husband is making the same because he got transferred from HERE, thats not the case for most people that get a job cold turkey in the south and especially Florida. They are subjected to extremely low wages and lack of good benefits. In addition I would not move to Tennessee for any price. Your fantasy stories may make you feel better and rationalize your decision to move, but they are not the reality for most residents.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,125,492 times
Why do so many people have to compare NJ to Florida?

It is like Alaska to Texas!

I really do not care how many people feel Florida is somehow God's gift to NJ malcontents. But that does not matter. As mentioned in another post, this is a drive-by trolling. "NJ1", posting with a callsign that could not be more NJ w/o droppingthe number at the end, says he hates NJ.

K.

Popel come on, defending the state, and the troll fans come on and tell us all how they like FL so much better than NJ.

This has a point? It is not even entertaining (even though I read it. I am so ashamed).

Lets just lock this chum bucket and take what we can from this. Unfortunately, I don't see any lobster...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey