Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,966 times

Advertisements

Hey, let's shake things up on this thread. Let's start bashing hmmm...Wyoming! Yeah....Wyoming!

"Wyoming?", you say. "What's the point?"

Then I say, "Exactly....like this thread!"

"Let's move on people....nothing to see here!"

Shanny

Old 07-21-2009, 07:07 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I hope you are able to get out of Florida soon and move to a state that will provide you more opportunities and better wages. All the people that I knew in Florida have up and left to the Northeast or Texas. Florida is definetly not a place to make a living and its getting worse everyday. Best of luck to you and keep your head up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
LOL. Yeah, the whole state of Florida has "moved out." Geez, give me a break. The FL unemployment rate is one percentage point higher than New Jersey's. The only difference is that, in my opinion, when the national economy recovers, companies will be relocating to states with lower taxes, like Florida. Sorry, but New Jersey is not attractive to business owners due to punishing taxes. It simply isn't.

Florida is a perfectly good place to make a living. Millions of Florida residents make a perfectly fine living. I'm not sure where you lived down there, but where I lived for school, in Tampa, people had geat jobs, the economy was good and it was a great place to live. Times are tough in general right now, and Florida is no exception. There is no reason to believe that their economy will not recover like every state's will.

As I mentioned before, if you are a journalist, you are doing your readers a disservice by not recognizing the plight of the New Jersey middle class resident who is literally being squeezed out of this state with taxes and housing costs. Have you ever attended a public meeting of municipal or county government? How about attend a forum with a state cabinet member? I have, and I have tried to represent the beleaguered taxpayer in my stories and the questions I've posed to public officials. You seem, on the other hand, to live in a fantasy land where this state (the most expensive and corrupt in the nation) is some sort of utopia. We have negative population growth with everyone that is moving OUT, shouldn't that tell you something?
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leylandi View Post
I am in my 2nd year of living in NJ and will leave by years end. I really hoped I would learn to like it but I realize it is just different strokes for different folks.
Thank you!
I have tons of friends and family who are moving down here too!
They wanna be able to enjoy the weather 12 months a years and wake up to this beautiful sunshine and fresh air 24/7! Cannot beat the lifestyle down here! People who bash Florida could not or did not make it down here and they are bitter Dan!
Great post and you are right on!
The smart Jersey people got out when the market was good and are now living in paradise down here off of all the interest they made on the sale of their Jersey homes and are doing very well.
Now, I am not talking people in their 20's and 30's. People who had their homes paid off and made a smart move.
I loved growing up in Jersey but it was time to finally get out 4 years ago and enjoy life down here!

You can drop a boat here for free, no checkpoint for anything! Park your car for free too! Even eat dockside at the cafe!

Free beach and you can take your car with you!

No license needed either! Those are mostly Jersey people out there!

Last edited by Blondie621; 07-21-2009 at 07:18 PM..

Old 07-21-2009, 07:08 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Thank you!

Thank you!
I have tons of friends and family who are out of that $$$ too!
They wanna be able to enjoy the weather 12 months a years and wake up to this beautiful sunshine and fresh air 24/7! Cannot beat the lifestyle down here! People who bash Florida could not or did not make it down here and they are bitter Dan!
So go enjoy. We get it. Stop posting about FL on the NJ board. Enough already.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:13 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
So go enjoy. We get it. Stop posting about FL on the NJ board. Enough already.
That's unfortunately an understatement....

Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Quote:
Thank you!

Thank you!
I have tons of friends and family who are out of that $$$ nj state too!
The smart Jersey people got out when the market was good and are now living in paradise down here off of all the interest they made on the sale of their Jersey homes and are doing very well. Heck my Dad has been doing it for 30 years now!
Now I am not talking people in their 20's. People who had their homes paid off and did well.
I loved growing up in Jersey but it was time to finally get out 4 years ago and enjoy life down here!
You can drop a boat here for free, no checkpoint for anything! park your car for free too!

Free beach and you can take your car with you!

No license needed either!
Or, like you - they didn't want to live here (or, in your case, NJ) anymore. Imagine that one - someone simply not wanting to live somewhere, because they enjoy somewhere else more...

The horse is dead, put the bat down.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWJERSEY1 View Post
New Jersey is a **** hole. The whole state. We have no money, AC is doing bad, taxes are extremely high (one of the highest in the nation) ... The IZOD Center is making no money and will probably close ... they're building another Giants stadium .. the prudential center is the only thing making money. Everything else is a waste. Xanadu .... was someone on drugs when they thought of that thing? Realistically, it's in the worst location ever. Think about it. Right next to the stadium, with all the stadiums around it .. what are they going to do on Sunday with the games going on? Major traffic and it would look ugly. People will destroy the turnpike plus the football games, and it's going to be hell. There's no room in NJ. We have no money. There's toxic waste around the meadowlands anyway .... that's why xanadu is being delayed. It's simple, they don't have any money. Plus, they found human feces in the construction site ... but they think someone planted it to sabotage the mall. It's crazy.

Nobody wants it here except for the big companies, the town, and the mayor. No private investors. The Nets are getting moved so you know IZOD is gonna get knocked down. That's another problem I have with NJ. We have no sports teams except for the Devils. Who wants two basketball teams in NY. First of all, The Garden sells out every game, even though the Knicks are terrible. To me, that means there is no way in hell that the Nets can compete with the Garden. Brooklyn is so damn far from Manhattan. You have to cross the Brooklyn Bridge or take the train, which with the traffic, it will be an eternity. Plus, no one in BK wants this thing. If we get a new governor, he better fix this ****hole we have for a state
I totally agree with you and posted my 2¢ on your thread!
OUT!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
I totally agree with you and posted my 2¢ on your thread!
OUT!
Bye, now go enjoy your boring hillbilly swamp.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:50 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Hey, let's shake things up on this thread. Let's start bashing hmmm...Wyoming! Yeah....Wyoming!

"Wyoming?", you say. "What's the point?"

Then I say, "Exactly....like this thread!"

"Let's move on people....nothing to see here!"

Shanny

Its hard to bash a great state like Wyoming.....great trout fishing......I could walk along a stream and fly fish forever there and not care what the tax situation is !!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Its hard to bash a great state like Wyoming.....great trout fishing......I could walk along a stream and fly fish forever there and not care what the tax situation is !!!!
Sounds like you should head off and do that then. What's stopping you?

Old 07-21-2009, 07:58 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post

Awww....c'mon, FF....just tryin' to lighten things up!

Shanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey