Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:14 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,512,298 times

Advertisements

All a big scam perpetrated on the taxpayers of Nj by the legal profession in order to keep themselves "busy" making all those legal fees and keeping all those in the system employed.
I don't buy ANY of it. Especially if you manufacture the crime itself.
NOT guilty one and all. We are the real victims of this economic political scam of a crime they call an "investigation".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 04:23 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,641,903 times
Hey Captne76, which one of those arrested are you related to? I've been living and working in Hudson County most of my life and wondered what took them so long. You will see more brought in as some start to roll over and rat out the others.

To think that this was a scam to get work for lawyers ranks right up there with the moon landing done in a warehouse in Utah.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:30 PM

I have no relational interests in any of this, but am weary of the lynch mob mentality of so many torch-burning village idiots all over.
The "investigators" who set this up are the only ones guilty of a crime.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:35 PM

563 posts, read 1,283,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Are you kidding.....Spitzer was among the biggest hypocrites there ever was......he was assailing johns and prostitutes from 9 to 5 and then chasing the same prostitutes from dusk till dawn !!!!
EXCACTLY what I am talking about, your TV and Newspaper tells you he is chasing prostitutes and is a pervert blablabla.
What you probably don't know is that he wrote an article in the Times, read it here:
Eliot Spitzer - Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime - washingtonpost.com
This cost Spitzer his career. Spitzer scared the hell out of Wall Street, from the mortgage fiasco to AIG’s former ex-CEO Hank Greenberg getting caught cooking the reinsurance books. Spitzer laid a fine of $1.6 billion dollars on AIG in 2005, which Business Week reported in Greenberg is at war that AIG finally paid in March 2006. Read it for a clearer picture of “Hammering Hank” griping for having to step down as CEO.

As for Politicians chasing girls, read up on Berlusconi, that guy is a party-animal, and he gets away with it, sofar at least

Old 07-25-2009, 10:29 PM

34 posts, read 143,449 times
NJ is "getting" corrupt?!?!??! You need to change that thread title it's "been" corrupt.

I'm so glad they are arresting all those Rabbi's too! The chosen ones stealing money?!!!! Noooooo it can't be!!
Biggest ****ing hypocrites on the planet!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 AM

825 posts, read 3,153,382 times
Everyone is complaining about corruption, how about we start trying to stop corruption? Is it possible?

I wouldn't know where to begin the fight against corruption in our government. I'm hoping some of the complainers have an idea about how to stop it. If they can't stop corruption, then what's the use in complaining? The politicians (and the religious leaders) know they're corrupt, and they're never going to stop being corrupt..... unless of course we killed them.....

Old 07-26-2009, 12:52 PM

So how come we as a society allow sales people to make commissions, yet if a politician makes a commission he is arrested???
I think that is just another dumb rule that we have accepted.
This creates a ripoff of the taxpayers when all the legal leaches suck onto someone, charging the taxpayers with the bill, AND we ask for more of this?
Stupid planet.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:32 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,959,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
So how come we as a society allow sales people to make commissions, yet if a politician makes a commission he is arrested???
I think that is just another dumb rule that we have accepted.
This creates a ripoff of the taxpayers when all the legal leaches suck onto someone, charging the taxpayers with the bill, AND we ask for more of this?
Stupid planet.
ARE YOU SERIOUS ???? If politicians wanted a "comission" then perhaps they should have become aluminum siding salesman.....since they're not.......perhaps they should just follow the "OATH OF OFFICE" they swore to with their hand on a BIBLE !!!!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 07:41 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,941,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
with their hand on a BIBLE !!!!!!
Please................. I thought we were trying to have a rational discussion about political corruption. Are you insinuating organized religion is somehow the antithesis of systematic corruption? Now that would be rich.
Religious hierarchy are the original corrupt politicians. They gave birth to the idea of the "Nanny State" that I'm sure you scoff at.
Don't go down this road. It would be long & bumpy.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:51 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,959,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Please................. I thought we were trying to have a rational discussion about political corruption. Are you insinuating organized religion is somehow the antithesis of systematic corruption? Now that would be rich.
Religious hierarchy are the original corrupt politicians. They gave birth to the idea of the "Nanny State" that I'm sure you scoff at.
Don't go down this road. It would be long & bumpy.
Not at all......the insinuation was that when these politicians took their oath of office by placing their hand on the Bible it was an outward sign for all to see this was a serious commitment given with God as their witness to serve the public with honor and honesty......not with a secret adjenda to find "comissions" for their services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey