Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 PM

532 posts, read 1,465,114 times

Advertisements

Wow just signed up for one of those sites that show preforeclosures and foreclosures .
This week alone 11 preforeclosures in Hackensack.
I think that preforeclosures show up after about 3 months of missed payments.

Have noticed that foreclosures are starting to show up in the more expensive towns now in Bergen County.

The expensive beach towns in Ocean County like Lavalette still holding strong though.Guess the rich are still in decent shape.

Tighter mortgage money and lots of underwater homeowners ....IMHO
it's going to get a lot worse ...

What are everyone elses thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachouse View Post
Wow just signed up for one of those sites that show preforeclosures and foreclosures .
This week alone 11 preforeclosures in Hackensack.
I think that preforeclosures show up after about 3 months of missed payments.

Have noticed that foreclosures are starting to show up in the more expensive towns now in Bergen County.

The expensive beach towns in Ocean County like Lavalette still holding strong though.Guess the rich are still in decent shape.

Tighter mortgage money and lots of underwater homeowners ....IMHO
it's going to get a lot worse ...

What are everyone elses thoughts.
Honestly, we are off the map when it comes to mortgages. I have no idea what's going to happen anymore and the market is very unpredictable. I read that the gov't is backing around 52% of all mortgages and Obama said that if things continue to go bad and people can't make their payments they will be able to "rent" their homes from the gov't. I have no idea what the hell that means. Again, we're in uncharted waters here because we're refusing to let it take its natural course, so you're not seeing tons of buyers come in and get these properties dirt cheap. In some places yes, but many times the home owners are purposely walking away rather than selling cheap, their being allowed to refinance their mortgages backed by the gov't and staying in their homes, and the whole thing is a nasty mess.

Last edited by Love2Golf09; 07-24-2009 at 09:44 PM..

Old 07-24-2009, 09:42 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Honestly, we are off the map when it comes to mortgages. I have no idea what's going to happen anymore and the market is very unpredictable.
The market forces are somewhat predictable, political intervention is less so. Reading the rest of your post, I take it that this is more or less what you meant.

Quote:
I read that the gov't is backing around 52% of all mortgages and Obama
Been that way for a long time.

Quote:
said that if things continue to go back and people can't make their parents they will be able to "rent" their homes from the gov't. I have no idea what the hell that means.
Anything to price the rest of us out of the market. If these democrats are so fond of "the common man", they could show their love by not trying to price him out of the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: