Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 07:48 AM

19 posts, read 137,624 times

Advertisements

Can anyone describe the Montville vibe, i.e. what the people are like, how easy it is to make friends, how family friendly, how committed the community is to schools long-term, etc... I've seen many posts recommending it as a nice place with good schools but can't seem to find any down-and-dirty details (if i've missed any relevant prior posts a link wold be appreciated). I did see one description of it as a place where everyone holes up in their homes watching football, is that accurate? Also, would like to know if the town is made up mostly of people born and raised there or if there are lots of "transplants," like we'd be. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 01:50 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,952,723 times
The schools are known to be very good. I think there are mostly "transplants." Not sure on the ease of making friends, would depend on your neighborhood setup. If you have kids, then you would do the regular kid stuff and probably make friends that way.

I always think of Montville as a relatively wealthy, spread-out kind of town, but nice.

I probably didn't help much. If there are no down and dirty details, then that is probably a good thing. Good luck.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iagirl View Post
Can anyone describe the Montville vibe, i.e. what the people are like, how easy it is to make friends, how family friendly, how committed the community is to schools long-term, etc... I've seen many posts recommending it as a nice place with good schools but can't seem to find any down-and-dirty details (if i've missed any relevant prior posts a link wold be appreciated). I did see one description of it as a place where everyone holes up in their homes watching football, is that accurate? Also, would like to know if the town is made up mostly of people born and raised there or if there are lots of "transplants," like we'd be. Thanks.
Montville is a good town, especially to raise kids in. They have an excellent rec dept with lots going on for the kids. A great library and schools. It's a big town and very spread out. I know a bunch of people from there and they are all very friendly and welcoming. I wouldn't think you would have problems making friends...especially if you have kids. Also, people seem very aware of which part of Montville you are from - Montville, Towaco or Pine Brook..snobbery at its best.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:46 PM

19 posts, read 48,221 times
I can attest to the "snobbery". I have several friends who grew up in Montville. I grew up the next town over and we've know each other from our later years of highschool into our early 30s. They are very friendly but occasionally you will detect certain selfish and spoiled undertones. My friends and I have even developed a jestful remark when their attitude becomes a little too pronounced. "Typical Montville". They even use it themselves when commenting on the personality quirks of their own Montvillian brothers and sisters. All in all I think the people are friendly and it's a nice place to raise a family. Just keep your kids in check.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:18 PM

Montville is snobby? Really? I would have never thought that. I guess maybe relative to the other towns around it?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 AM

19 posts, read 137,624 times
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Montville is snobby? Really? I would have never thought that. I guess maybe relative to the other towns around it?
hell yes they are depending on which part of Montville you are from
I would take it the Pine Brook section is on the lower end of the food chain because of all the business parks etc and rt 46

Old 07-28-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
hell yes they are depending on which part of Montville you are from
I would take it the Pine Brook section is on the lower end of the food chain because of all the business parks etc and rt 46
Who knew.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 AM

12 posts, read 29,694 times
Montville is great - and I am a transplant. Certainly if you want to socialize and make friends - buy in a neighborhood. or - better yet - Changebridge. What a great community - I am waiting for one of the single family homes to come up for sale. What a fantastic way to live - all the amenities available and exterior maintenance taken care of. Rare to find unless you move to Mt. Olive or Jefferson - and then the houses are cramped or have about .2 acres. The houses in Changebridge have about twice that!! Plus you have access to all the community property land and amenities - pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, gym, sauna, playground, waterfalls.

Montville location is the beat, schools superb, rec program amazing - I can't say enough about it!! This is the best town around that is a reasonable commute to Manhattan - which is also why property values hold their own. But it's definitely not as crowded as other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey