Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:51 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Please don't start up here again with how great TN is and how much NJ sucks. We all know your life story and how your oil tank leaked and everyone in NJ is to blame because of it. I'm so happy you like where you live but I once looked at moving there and it's slash your freaking wrists boring. Subdivision hell, terrible food, terrible weather and bugs. Enjoy the ghetto you have around the corner from your lovely gated community where your house is just the same as your neighbors and is 4,000 sq ft but on a .25 acre lot. And make sure you pick up that charming drawl that makes one sound so intelligent and don't forget to build a safe room for when that tornado comes though. But eh, the taxes are cheap.
Well then, Tennessee MUST be better than NJ. Aren't cheaper taxes the utmost important thing in life? That's what a lot of people are saying, it must be true...

Who cares about good food and nice neighborhoods where each home is different and where crime hardly exists. Who cares if you have to deal with cockroaches, both the flying and non-flying kind. It's all worth it, because taxes are cheaper! Who cares if you make less money or can't find a job! Taxes are cheaper!!!

(UKOK - don't try to change the minds of these people, we want them to leave and go live in places like TN, it makes our state much nicer! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 06:00 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,517,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
You are so wrong. i really love Nashville. Its a health care Mecca. Alot of my clients from other states, come to Nashville for Medical conventions. We have culture, Ballet, Theater, Symphony, you name it.
I 'm always hearing about how NJ has healthcare but most of the people I know there go to PA for major conditions. As I get older this is a concern.
Also, all the culture is within 15-20 min from my home. I
don't have to go to another state to get that.
I also don't have to look up in the sky all winter and see gray. The sun shines all year, and I don't have to shovel snow. I'll save my back with that.
My son went to visit his friends in NJ this weekend, AND he is glad to be home. He passed my old house and they had garbage on the
driveway. I'm sure they are not my next door neighbors favorite.Slobs! Here, they would get a nice little letter from my HOA.

Diane G
Haven't been to Nashville but have no interest in Dolly or the country scene. The bottom line is TN is one of the poorest states in the country and a quick drive around Knoxville, etc., you will understand why. There is nothing to do in the entire state. There's a lot of trailor trash in those mountains as well. I would take NC over TN anyday of the week, even SC like Myrtle and Hilton Head. If you needed a low cost state, you found it and it sounds like you enjoy it. To each is own.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
[/b]

Curious...why do you say that??
Trailor trash is everywhere. Pick your spots wisely if considering relocating to TN. You'll be far better off in the Carolina's, even Georgia.

Last edited by MoorestownResident; 07-29-2009 at 06:27 AM..

Old 07-29-2009, 06:09 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Haven't been to Nashville but have no interest in Dolly or the country scene. The bottom line is TN is one of the poorest states in the country and a quick drive around Knoxville, etc., you will understand why. There is nothing to do in the entire state. There's a lot of trailor trash in those mountains as well. I would take NC over TN anyday of the week, even SC like Myrtle and Hilton Head. If you needed a low cost state, you found it and it sounds like you enjoy it. To each is own.
So in a "quick drive around Knoxville" you're able to establish that there's "nothing to do in the entire state"? Kinda like the folks who fly into Newark, drive 10 miles down the Turnpike and proclaim "geez- NJ is just one big, smelly refinery- what a dump". There's plenty of "trailer trash" in NJ as well- a lot of it just lives in the inner cities........

Old 07-29-2009, 06:22 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Trailor trash is everywhere. Picks your spots wisely if considering relocating to TN. You'll be far better off in the Carolina's, even Georgia.
TN in the rural areas has a huge meth problem. I said earlier on I would have headed east on I40 into the heart of the Smokies in NC

Old 07-29-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
So in a "quick drive around Knoxville" you're able to establish that there's "nothing to do in the entire state"? Kinda like the folks who fly into Newark, drive 10 miles down the Turnpike and proclaim "geez- NJ is just one big, smelly refinery- what a dump". There's plenty of "trailer trash" in NJ as well- a lot of it just lives in the inner cities........
Been to Knoxville and the surround area maybe 3X, driven through the state on another occasion. While it has some nice scenery, the towns are dumps, many residences are dumps, there are trailors and rebel flags all over the place. Even the mountain areas like Gatlinburg are extremely poor. It is what it is. If you want low cost and can buy 5-10 acres in the mountains or live in a new development that's fine. As big as this country is, I would choose another location. I would move to Colorado in a heartbeat over TN.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Been to Knoxville and the surround area maybe 3X, driven through the state on another occasion. While it has some nice scenery, the towns are dumps, many residences are dumps, there are trailors and rebel flags all over the place. Even the mountain areas like Gatlinburg are extremely poor. It is what it is. If you want low cost and can buy 5-10 acres in the mountains or live in a new development that's fine. As big as this country is, I would choose another location. I would move to Colorado in a heartbeat over TN.
OK, so three trips to one city and a "drive through"- that's detailed research. So I guess a traveler who lands in Newark 3 times and "drives through" NJ on his way to a meeting must be right when he determines that many NJ towns are dumps, residences are dumps, and there's refineries and abandoned buildings everywhere. Afterall, that's what he'd see in and around Newark.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:08 AM

Whatever dude. Sounds like I know more about the topic than you do.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Whatever dude. Sounds like I know more about the topic than you do.
Yup- you're a regular expert on TN based on your extensive time spent there.....

Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 AM

330 posts, read 1,197,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
We were just in Brentwood TN a couple of weeks ago and I have to say the mansions we saw there are on par or exceed anything in elite upscale Bergen County communities such as Saddle River or Alpine. Actually what we saw in Brentwood was newer and more modern than here. It's only those with an inferiority complex about their own state who feel the need to slander or belittle another state and its residents. The NJ cheerleaders need to take a break and stop attacking those who seek a better quality of life in another state. It's no wonder with all the corruption and sky high taxes people are fleeing in droves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey