Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 03:10 PM

229 posts, read 923,536 times

Advertisements

OK, in the past two weeks I have been witness to bidding wars on 2 different properties. If the market is dead, I would appreciate someone telling these people my friend is bidding against about it. First property went for $25K OVER asking price and current one is at 98% of asking and not done yet.

Just goes to show that is a property is attractive and priced right, it will sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 03:22 PM

512 posts, read 1,755,093 times
Most houses on the market are junk. The seller here must have actually sold something nice. Most people are not putting on their house on the markets, waiting out the down turn.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 PM

777 posts, read 2,380,735 times
Some realtors are using the strategy of pricing the home low, to illict multiple offers and drive the price up. Just had a client today put an offer in only $9k less than the list price. The condo was on the market less than 2 weeks (priced below market) and it got multiple offers including one over list price.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:13 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
OK, in the past two weeks I have been witness to bidding wars on 2 different properties. If the market is dead, I would appreciate someone telling these people my friend is bidding against about it. First property went for $25K OVER asking price and current one is at 98% of asking and not done yet.

Just goes to show that is a property is attractive and priced right, it will sell.
Sales numbers are on their way back up, but prices are another matter.

The bidding war is a good sign, it means that there are more buyers in the market now.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:30 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
A good house in a good area in any kind of market will sell. Please remember sales are down and real estate continues to tank compared to last year but the number of quality homes at the right price are far and few in between. So you have the same buyers looking at those properties and neglecting the majority of "junk" thats left.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:20 PM

744 posts, read 1,406,381 times
OK, in the past two weeks I have been witness to more than one job offer to 2 different people. If the market is dead, I would appreciate someone telling these employers about it.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 PM

204 posts, read 635,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholden View Post
OK, in the past two weeks I have been witness to more than one job offer to 2 different people. If the market is dead, I would appreciate someone telling these employers about it.
lol, thanks for the humor. I'm was temporary in a bidding war before backing out and let the other 2 takes it.

have a feeling that we might have a second wave of housing bubble coming to protect against fed's and government bubble spending. I wonder how much our dollar is going to worth after this round of fiscal irresponsibility. My guess: 3:1 Yuan, 50:1 Yen, 1:4 Euro

Old 07-28-2009, 08:24 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,649 times
Quote:

Of course. There are still transactions, even in a slow market, true value will still move a property.

Now if only someone could get that into the minds of sellers sitting on the market for years "not willing to give it away".....

Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Of course. There are still transactions, even in a slow market, true value will still move a property.

Now if only someone could get that into the minds of sellers sitting on the market for years "not willing to give it away".....
Well prior to the meltdown you had for a few years all these buyers who bought homes way way over priced....they now have to sit until those properties at least come back to the price they paid for them

Old 07-28-2009, 01:54 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:

I install radon reduction systems on houses with excessive levels mostly in real estate transactions from the Princeton area all the way down to Woolwich Twp......two years ago when the market was booming I did about 150 mitigations for the year or about 12 a month.......this month I have already done 13 and theres still several days left......the prior two months have produced similar numbers.......it would seem that the market is picking up for sure !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey