Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 03:53 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,167 times

Advertisements

Most folks in New Jersey comes down here where I live during the summer, but this season I feel like taking a trip up north. I've heard about Lake Hopatcong my entire life but have never gone there. In fact, I've never even swam in fresh water (aside from in pools) in my entire life. It's always been in the ocean and bay and I'm looking to take a day trip (or possibly stay over) and check out the northern part of our state that I've never really explored.

Can anyone recommend some good activities up by the lake. Specifically, any boat rentals as I'm an avid boater. Any good places to anchor up and have a good time? Are there defined channels and markings like in the bay or is the whole lake generally open and deep enough?

Any local knowledge would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 12:59 PM

39 posts, read 106,801 times
Default Local knowledge

Rent a pontoon boat from Lake's End marina. Head to Byram Bay for a hookup with other boaters and swimming in deep water. Get ice cream at main lake market and have dinner at Mason Street Pub (put the pontoon top down to get under the bridge) or the Windlass (more upscale). Its a great lake. Enjoy

Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 PM

13,403 posts, read 28,721,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleAdam View Post
Rent a pontoon boat from Lake's End marina. Head to Byram Bay for a hookup with other boaters and swimming in deep water. Get ice cream at main lake market and have dinner at Mason Street Pub (put the pontoon top down to get under the bridge) or the Windlass (more upscale). Its a great lake. Enjoy
Mason St has no air conditioning so if it's really hot out you're going to sweat your azz off in there...Try Windlass, Wearhouse Grill or Jefferson House ( their food isn't that great but fine for appetizers)..also Kabobs..all accessible by boat

Also be aware they are really cracking down on drinking & boating...the capt of the boat needs to stay sober as it should be

Old 02-09-2010, 04:34 PM

11 posts, read 32,063 times
Hello, my name is James; my wife and I are an interracial couple. How is it for such a couple moving to Hapotcong, NJ?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:28 PM

138 posts, read 509,771 times
Just to avoid disappointment, you should know that to rent a boat you're going to have to present a current boat license; and as of a couple of years ago, you also need to have taken an approved boating safety course. Bridge Marina and Lakeview Marina offer rentals. If you 'google' them, you'll find their contact info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey