Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM

168 posts, read 424,648 times

Advertisements

I am considering getting a New Jersey teaching certification. The things I have in my favor are two certificates from two other states. The things I have in my favor are two certificates from two other states. What I'm not sure of is if I need to have additional testing or credentials. Does New Jersey offer an alternative certification program? I would like to get a position teaching in North Jersey and I am familiar with the area as I used to live in Newark, NJ. I have a job in DC as a coach at a university but it pays next to nothing. I was trying to go to Florida, but their school system has the problem of not hiring anyone right now, among others. So if I'm going to live somewhere cold it would be the NYC metro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 03:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
how do you feel about teachers having relationships with students?

Old 07-29-2009, 03:28 PM

168 posts, read 424,648 times
I feel it's wrong, i guess. I'm guessing your question is some kind of joke?

Old 07-29-2009, 03:28 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-fens View Post
I feel it's wrong, i guess. I'm guessing your question is some kind of joke?
yes, a very funny joke.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:01 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,952,723 times
Quote:
I am considering getting a New Jersey teaching certification. The things I have in my favor are two certificates from two other states. The things I have in my favor are two certificates from two other states. What I'm not sure of is if I need to have additional testing or credentials. Does New Jersey offer an alternative certification program? I would like to get a position teaching in North Jersey and I am familiar with the area as I used to live in Newark, NJ. I have a job in DC as a coach at a university but it pays next to nothing. I was trying to go to Florida, but their school system has the problem of not hiring anyone right now, among others. So if I'm going to live somewhere cold it would be the NYC metro.
NJDOE Licensure and Credentials - Certification Reciprocity (http://www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/reciprocity/ - broken link)

Old 07-30-2009, 05:04 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
And what makes you think that NJ is brimming with teaching positions right now?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:20 AM

861 posts, read 2,717,006 times
Yes, NJ does have an Alternate Route Program, which you can learn more about here: http://www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/alternate.htm

But we warned, as others have said, the teaching field is saturated in NJ. I have been attempting to go alternate route for almost a year & unable to land any position other than substituting.

Best of luck to you though.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
let me ask if the teaching positions are saturated how come I see whole sections in the paper for all different kinds of teachers? Just asking not being snotty. Whats up with all them jobs?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yes, a very funny joke.
can you also tell me what the heck jokes like this have to do with the OP question? Is it just be silly day?? Like I feel about the hillbilles. Ohh I get it now. Its be silly day. Ok I hate hillbillies!!! IM IN!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 AM

587 posts, read 2,177,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
let me ask if the teaching positions are saturated how come I see whole sections in the paper for all different kinds of teachers? Just asking not being snotty. Whats up with all them jobs?
School Districts are required to post positions even though they plan to hire internally or already have someone in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey