Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:03 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i assure you, the people in that song arent referring to anything related to raising chickens. Its just some stupid term they are using for other females that they think sounds cool.
No, it refers to the way chickens walk. The next line is: "They try to copy my swagger".

Of course the "chickens" can mean females, but who cares? It's a funny line and the rest of the song doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 01:03 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
it was a little unexpected. i dont think the wife would be comfortable if i whipped out the butter spray when things started heating up.

sounds like a very george costanza move to me.
funny too!!! Oh come on the wife will love the new kinky side of you.

Just having some fun!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, it refers to the way chickens walk. The next line is: "They try to copy my swagger".

Of course the "chickens" can mean females, but who cares? It's a funny line and the rest of the song doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense anyway.
you are thinking too much into this. when it comes to this type of music, the stupider the lyrics the more the idiots love it. she is calling other girls chickens and they are "copying her swagger" just means they are trying to be like her.

im not trying to say listening to other stuff is intelligent. music is simple as it should be. music doesnt have to make sense, it just has to sound good. but that hip hop/rap/r&b is so stupid its irritating to hear.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:16 PM

220 posts, read 623,721 times
I'm just laughing over here reading this entire thread...don't get me wrong I turn 40 this year so I'm no "Spring Chicken" (or chicken otherwise) but I feel like I'm reading a thread from the AARP...lol

Can't eat this, don't drink that, the crazy kids music that hurts the ears....(now you KNOW I'm joking) but if you read it in its entirety....it IS a bit funny....

Old 08-06-2009, 07:08 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz555 View Post
I'm just laughing over here reading this entire thread...don't get me wrong I turn 40 this year so I'm no "Spring Chicken" (or chicken otherwise) but I feel like I'm reading a thread from the AARP...lol

Can't eat this, don't drink that, the crazy kids music that hurts the ears....(now you KNOW I'm joking) but if you read it in its entirety....it IS a bit funny....
holy crap! that sounds like im the geezer! definitely not an accurate portrayal of what im saying here. im not as young as i used to be though.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:56 AM

I'm REALLY only joking but by the end of the thread I was laughing....ha ha ha ha

Old 08-07-2009, 10:08 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz555 View Post

your right and its true, IM 42 going on 75!!! I feel like aarp!! Thats funny!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
you are thinking too much into this. when it comes to this type of music, the stupider the lyrics the more the idiots love it. she is calling other girls chickens and they are "copying her swagger" just means they are trying to be like her.

im not trying to say listening to other stuff is intelligent. music is simple as it should be. music doesnt have to make sense, it just has to sound good. but that hip hop/rap/r&b is so stupid its irritating to hear.
Hey if I wanna get philosophical over Boom Boom Pow or whatever it's called I will. Yes, it's irritating to hear, but it's more about a shared moment with my kid.

If I'm not mistaken, I read on here that you are expecting. 17 years down the road you might find yourself listening to some even stupider, more annoying form of music that we don't even know about yet with your kid.

Something to look forward to...

Old 08-07-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
your right and its true, IM 42 going on 75!!! I feel like aarp!! Thats funny!
Not when you get that first issue of AARP magazine in the mail, it isn't!

My friends at work and I found ourselves talking about how much we hate these fetus-women we see commuting into the city, wearing "business suits" with spike heels and the skirts that come up to their asses...then one of them said, "Oh GOD do we sound old!"

Old 08-08-2009, 06:15 AM

I KNOW!!! I felt the same way this summer on the beach....I was with a friend & kept asking "Now why in the WORLD would ANYONE wear that?" and things like "Is that REALLY acceptable for girls to wear something like that now?" and my friend just started laughing at us & finally said "OMG! We truly have become our mothers..." it sure put me in check...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: