Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,115,684 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry. I hope it was just that the friends didn't know how to deal with the uncertainty. I hope they rally for you now.

It was so difficult to lose my Mom. I wish I could somehow make it easier for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 PM

315 posts, read 1,091,452 times
marilyn,
my heart and prayers go out to you, your mom and your family. just remember your mom is going to a better place and she'll be watching over you always. i know she must be very proud of you and all you've accomplished. i'm sure having you there is a major comfort to her. cherish these times together.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 PM

372 posts, read 533,673 times
Default Thinking of you and your family

I'm sorry to hear about this difficult time. People can react in curious ways. Most people don't know how to handle grief and death, so they back away. I hope that you realize it's not a measure of their caring.

My first profession was as a trauma nurse. I saw a lot of death, and realized how sanitized our culture is from it. I also learned a lot about the process when I did private duty nursing of dying patients.

As your mother makes this transition (because we don't know what's on the other side of this life), I hope that you will tend her and talk with her with the most loving care. Trust yourself and your instincts, and bring beauty to her final days and your time together. Try to make it as much a cherishing of her life, and talk--if you can--about what she wants/needs. I often think of dying as a process of being born into another place. For example, the infant must think his world is coming to an end, but there is a painful movement to another world. In today's busy world, I think we can lose touch with the non-physical world of spirit, but that does not mean it's non-existent. Plenty of patients have talked with me about their experiences when we thought that they were not there, and they later returned to consciousness.

I also hope that you will be gentle with yourself, and take very good care of what you need during these days.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:24 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,618 times
Very sad to hear about your situation. Be strong and just remember all of the good times you had with her and how lucky you are to have a mother you love soo much.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:37 PM

11,338 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Sorry to hear about your mom. Unfort I was there many years ago.

This might make it easier for when it happens.

The Official Footprints In The Sand Page

Old 07-31-2009, 09:14 PM

127 posts, read 544,190 times
My thoughts are with you and your family.....

Old 07-31-2009, 09:29 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
During this time you probably feel very much alone. Just remember that you are not alone. You have friends who are there if you reach out to them. They simply do not know what to say to you. What you really need is someone who will just listen.

No one can go through this period for you. It's a trip you have to make by yourself. Keep being strong. If you really need someone then reach out to the friend whom you think can give you what you need. Otherwise, take one day at a time.

I recently went through this and there is no way you can completely prepare for it. You just have to deal with it as it progresses. Shower your mother with love and attention and remember to be kind to yourself.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:19 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
I am so sorry about your Mom. I've been there so I know how you are feeling now.
Prayers and Hugs that it will be a peaceful end.

Diane G

Old 08-01-2009, 03:41 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansea View Post
I'm sorry to hear about this difficult time. People can react in curious ways. Most people don't know how to handle grief and death, so they back away. I hope that you realize it's not a measure of their caring.

My first profession was as a trauma nurse. I saw a lot of death, and realized how sanitized our culture is from it. I also learned a lot about the process when I did private duty nursing of dying patients.

As your mother makes this transition (because we don't know what's on the other side of this life), I hope that you will tend her and talk with her with the most loving care. Trust yourself and your instincts, and bring beauty to her final days and your time together. Try to make it as much a cherishing of her life, and talk--if you can--about what she wants/needs. I often think of dying as a process of being born into another place. For example, the infant must think his world is coming to an end, but there is a painful movement to another world. In today's busy world, I think we can lose touch with the non-physical world of spirit, but that does not mean it's non-existent. Plenty of patients have talked with me about their experiences when we thought that they were not there, and they later returned to consciousness.

I also hope that you will be gentle with yourself, and take very good care of what you need during these days.
what an interesting post, especially the part about the non physical world of spirit. This brings me some joy, especially coming from a trauma nurse. You see I am or at times can be doubting simon peter, and I struggle with this. SO these words are very comforting. I want the miracle and God to hit me over the head and have trouble believing in anything after this world. Thanks for the glimmer of hope!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 03:45 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Now to address all of the warm wishes and prayers. Thanks alot, I mean this. Funny I really have accepting this, I am out of robot stage when I first found out. I have been dealing with it, and I was ready for this and back to the nursing home.

I have never lost anyone close to me, so this is a first for alot of new feelings. I do believe in heaven despite I have trouble at times but I need to believe in it. I have to deal now with my Dad who has spent over 50 years with MOM!! This is going to be the worst part, I need to make sure Dad can live happy. He is still healthy and will be alone! I feel bad now for Dad and I am going to see Mom today.

Thanks eveyone, you people are really special to me. I can be myself and say what I feel and act as crazy and still get the truth for you all!! This group has been very helpful to me. I do love you guy and gals. Marilyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: