Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 12:14 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

Are they as bad as the threads say they are? In willingboro which neighborhoods to stay away from? Milbrook park area is nise ans so is pennypacker but hawthorne looks scary and run down. Lumberton is just nice,looks very rural tho. Any comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times
Lumberton is not 'bad' but it has some issues. The township schools are OK but it is a sending district to Rancocas Valley HS, which is a problem. If schools aren't an issue you can find some nice homes in Lumberton. The other issues - flooding in some areas around Main Street and there are two small airports in the more rural parts. Willingboro is not desirable, I would not consider it.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:57 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Lumberton is not 'bad' but it has some issues. The township schools are OK but it is a sending district to Rancocas Valley HS, which is a problem. If schools aren't an issue you can find some nice homes in Lumberton. The other issues - flooding in some areas around Main Street and there are two small airports in the more rural parts. Willingboro is not desirable, I would not consider it.
I beg to differ.....Rancocas Valley HS is designated a "Star" school by the State with many programs other schools don't offer......exactly what is the "problem" with it in your view ?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,091,820 times
I don't live in Lumberton but go there constantly to shop for groceries, banking, get gas, markets, eat, and go to the car wash. Lumberton is a small town with much of the farmlands intact nearby. It is in a good location near Route 38, Route 130 (going north will take you towards NYC), the NJ turnpike, Rte 295, and Rte 206S (to Atlantic City and shore points). As far as housing, I'm sure it has some areas you'd avoid and I believe there are some questionable neighborhoods bordering nearby Mount Holly. But I've seen some very nice houses reasonably priced, particularly around the Southampton and Westhampton areas.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I beg to differ.....Rancocas Valley HS is designated a "Star" school by the State with many programs other schools don't offer......exactly what is the "problem" with it in your view ?
Where do you start? Among the lowest test scores in Burlington County, bad location in Mount Holly, etc. Overall bad reputation. I could go on and on. It's a big school so lots of overcrowding, just not a good learning environment.

Star school designation means very little when the test scores are as low as they are. Lots of families in Lumberton send their kids to private schools like Holy Cross and even some with money to Moorestown Friends.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
I don't live in Lumberton but go there constantly to shop for groceries, banking, get gas, markets, eat, and go to the car wash. Lumberton is a small town with much of the farmlands intact nearby. It is in a good location near Route 38, Route 130 (going north will take you towards NYC), the NJ turnpike, Rte 295, and Rte 206S (to Atlantic City and shore points). As far as housing, I'm sure it has some areas you'd avoid and I believe there are some questionable neighborhoods bordering nearby Mount Holly. But I've seen some very nice houses reasonably priced, particularly around the Southampton and Westhampton areas.
Agreed, the apartments and townhomes in Lumberton near Rt 38 and Mount Holly are to be avoided. The rest of Lumberton is not bad at all but the questionable schools do not offer high resale potential, plus the township committee has really been a source of concern, especially recently with the township administrator being arrested in that NJ sting a couple weeks ago.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:52 AM

3 posts, read 7,935 times
Default Lumberton

Lumberton is Great. I live in one of the "questionable neighborhoods" Moorestownresident is talking about. My theory is don't talk about something that you have no clue about. The neighborhoods are safe and the Lumberton is great. As for RV the High School. Despite popular opinion it's a great learning experience. To me Lumberton and the surrounding areas are diverse and bring a great mixture of ppl. Maybe thats why Moorestownresident doesn't like it because it's not all white like Moorestown, NJ... Just saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey