Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Blue Law in Bergen County?
I like it, shopping centers/malls should be closed on Sundays. 53 36.05%
Well, It should be at least half day open. 10 6.80%
I don't like it, everything should be open all week as it is else where. 70 47.62%
I don't care 14 9.52%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:26 PM

74 posts, read 304,576 times

Advertisements

Some people work six days a week and think these laws are unnecessary. Sunday is the only day to get stuff done for some of us and bergen county has a lot of the places we need to go to (i am currently furniture shopping and bergen has all the good stores but i cant shop there as i work to 9pm mon-sat.) Really is pretty stupid to close businesses, especially because of some bull**** outdated religious crap.

God forbid they closed the beach or anything on the shore on Sunday in the summer, most of you North Jersey people wouldn't know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 02:10 PM

744 posts, read 1,406,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
no, they are both quality of life issues. they are equal. the community doesnt want lawnmowers during the night, the community doesnt want to have its citizens murdered.
They obviously aren't equal.

If you kill someone who is trying to start their lawn mower at 3am you are going to jail. If you kill someone who is trying to kill you you have a fair chance of not going to jail (though this is NJ...)

Old 09-20-2009, 02:31 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,787,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS250 View Post
Some people work six days a week and think these laws are unnecessary. Sunday is the only day to get stuff done for some of us and bergen county has a lot of the places we need to go to (i am currently furniture shopping and bergen has all the good stores but i cant shop there as i work to 9pm mon-sat.) Really is pretty stupid to close businesses, especially because of some bull**** outdated religious crap.
It's more than just "some bull**** outdated religious crap" - read the rest of the posts in this thread and you'll see.

Quote:
God forbid they closed the beach or anything on the shore on Sunday in the summer, most of you North Jersey people wouldn't know what to do.
I would know what to do - go to the beach on Saturday. It's not that big a deal. Sunday is for Church, anyway. You should go to Church.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
It's more than just "some bull**** outdated religious crap" - read the rest of the posts in this thread and you'll see.

I would know what to do - go to the beach on Saturday. It's not that big a deal. Sunday is for Church, anyway. You should go to Church.
What if I'm Jewish?

What if I'm Adventist?

What if I'm a Muslim?

What if I'm an atheist?

Old 09-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholden View Post
What if I'm Jewish?

What if I'm Adventist?

What if I'm a Muslim?

What if I'm an atheist?
You're a Jewish atheist Muslim Adventist??? How does that work?

Old 09-20-2009, 04:54 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:

see, i'd look at this as "I'm thankful I have a job where I can afford furniture", but some people only see the negative.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
You're a Jewish atheist Muslim Adventist??? How does that work?
I didn't say I was. But say I managed, why does the state get to say I should go to Church on Sunday?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholden View Post
I didn't say I was. But say I managed, why does the state get to say I should go to Church on Sunday?
Say you managed what? You mean say you're a manager of a retail store?

And where does the state say you should go to Church on Sunday? I said you should go to Church on Sunday, not the state.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 PM

74 posts, read 304,576 times
Quote:

Church is for the weak, but that's another story.

Think for yourself

Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Say you managed what? You mean say you're a manager of a retail store?

And where does the state say you should go to Church on Sunday? I said you should go to Church on Sunday, not the state.
OK, why should I go to Church on Sunday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey