U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 07:36 AM

636 posts, read 1,356,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Gotta love Jersey City!

I got a parking ticket left on my car saying it was parked illegally. It was not. Went to ticket window and the ticket was not for me! It was for some other guy! So, this jerk got a ticket himself, took it off his car and put it on mine! Same Make and color!

Glad I moved out of there!
Why would this matter to you, since your license plate was not entered in the system?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 07:52 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,211,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
Why would this matter to you, since your license plate was not entered in the system?
It matters to me because I would have paid it thinking I was at fault. Most people dont fight tickets and just send in payment. I would have been out $$$$ if I did not take time off to fight it.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:02 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,004,933 times
There is also the flip side.

I parked my car in a bus stop (legal during some hours) over the Christmas holiday and forgot!!!

My bad, I was expecting a ticket, but when I went out, there wasn't any! BIG sigh of relief.

But a month later, i get a notice saying that I missed the court date and I needed to come in and pay more. Someone had been so nice as to remove the ticket from my car.

So now I had to rush home from work and sit in a courtroom for 2 hours simply to say "yep, I was parked illegally and I am not contesting it, just that I did not intensionally skip the court date. The ticket was stolen".

You would think you would not need to waste a Judge, two clerks , two lawyers and a bailiff's time over something as inconsequential as this. (even 5 minutes of their time cost more than the ticket itself!)

Old 08-07-2009, 08:50 AM

6,943 posts, read 18,228,326 times
In Soviet Jersey City, you don't get ticket, TICKET GET YOU!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
It matters to me because I would have paid it thinking I was at fault. Most people dont fight tickets and just send in payment. I would have been out $$$$ if I did not take time off to fight it.
If you don't look at a ticket before you pay it, that's YOUR fault, not Jersey City. The city has nothing to do with it.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM

342 posts, read 688,769 times
I would definitely try calling the town you got the ticket in. Happened to me once - the description of the car didn't match mine- it was taken care of over the phone. Worth a try.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,211,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
If you don't look at a ticket before you pay it, that's YOUR fault, not Jersey City. The city has nothing to do with it.
Its also my fault that this guy put his own ticket on my car. Please, stop sticking up for the trash city called "Jersey city"

I did look at ticket. Everything matched my info except for plate# which was hard to read. Im not just going to throw out ticket.

Who does this? Only people in jersey city. The low lives of the country.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,004,933 times
Todd, call up and tell them that the ticket was on your car so they can notify the right guy.

It may not have been him that did it!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Its also my fault that this guy put his own ticket on my car. Please, stop sticking up for the trash city called "Jersey city"

I did look at ticket. Everything matched my info except for plate# which was hard to read. Im not just going to throw out ticket.

Who does this? Only people in jersey city. The low lives of the country.
LOL only people in Jersey City? Right. You can't possibly believe this. Are we really having this discussion. Stop blaming Jersey City for things they didn't do.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM

3,315 posts, read 9,666,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNNJBergen View Post
Got a summons/ticket in the mail today from Jersey City . . . Any advice?????
Been to traffic court in three counties in VA and the District of Columbia so I've seen this happen to folks a few times. Do this: get a signed statement or Sworn Statement from people you were with during the time the ticket was issued. IOW, if you were at work, have your co-workers sign it. If at home, then folks at home. This proves that you were physically not in the spot when the ticket was issued. Contact someone at the courts and let them know what happened and that you have this Statement. Go down there in person if needed. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey