Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 11:58 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,014 times

Advertisements

Okay, I've posted this twice already and I'm being a pain, but between my two other posts I averaged about 90 peeks at the thread, yet NO ONE has any info to offer?!?!?! We're in Jersey, I find it odd that nobody has anything to say! So please, please, pleeeease, if there's anyone out there with info on good daycares in the Randolph area (Randolph, Denville, Rockaway, Morris Plains, even down to Parsippany)...please give me some info!!

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 04:24 PM

55 posts, read 197,531 times
My daughter is in day care at Kiddie Academy in Rockaway. She seems to really like it. We have had nothing but good experiences with them. I know that The Montasurri ( Not spelled correctly or even close) is in Randolph. I have heard great things just know that it is expensive as well. There is also a new day care opening no 46 in Denville right next to the Wendy's this fall forgot the name though.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,014 times
Thank you for your reply!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:48 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,844 times
Hey pixie, i'm not familiar with that area so I can't offer you any suggestions but just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. It is next to impossible to get information on potential daycares! There's so much out there on schools but nothing on where we send our littlest and most defenseless children. Good luck in your search!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:17 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
the best advise I could give you is to call around and make appointments to go see the school (without your kid), maybe even drop by unanounced (tho many do not allow/like this) Stick around for an hour or so peeking into the classroom/area/different areas. Get a good feel for how they treat the kids and how the kids treat each other (tell tale sign) Baically, you need somewhere safe that will protect your child until you can pick them up. Then, its just a matter of what you get on top of that for the money. Ive been to schools that charge $400/week. Ive been to some that charge $100/week. The BIGGEST differences are always the facility, amenities, number of caregivers/teachers and types of "lesson plan". All 20 or so were clean and safe, with a focus on the kids and their welfare.

Good luck, hope you find someplace you and your child will love.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:17 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
I know there is one right off I-80 at Green Pond Rd in rockaway called Little Learner Academy or similar. I know the family that runs that from years ago. Its in a new building there.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,288 times
I'm also not familiar with the area but do to some unusual circumstances I can provide this information about some of the chain centers:

Kindercare - expensive but an excellent program.

Goddard - Also excellent and they weren't as expensive as I expected. I probably liked them best.

YMCA - Offers a good program and is most affordable compared to the above.

Now, that said, make appointments and visit, try to do this toward the end of the day so you can hijack some parents in the parking lot on the way out. Ask them what they think. You'd be surprised that even though they send their kids, they may have some info. For example, I love where my daughter goes but I was very disappointed with the 2 year old room and I have told prospective parents this. Then as others recommended, try to stop by again unannounced but just keep in mind when nap time is.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:29 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,681 times
Please remember that the chains can be different from one another as night and day. Also, Goddard schools are franchised so one may be great and the one in the next town is awful.
Cheers,
Shannon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey