Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 04:12 PM

89 posts, read 186,624 times

Advertisements

Sorry, some reason not able to put in links

"http://www.njtrainingsystems.org/Search/SearchByOccupation.aspx"]www.njtrainingsystems.org/Search/SearchByOccupation.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheweetina View Post
http:// (broken link)[url= [/url]

Old 09-04-2009, 06:43 PM

39 posts, read 110,877 times
There are 2 Bills in BOTH Houses. HR 3404 in Congress and basically for 13 weeks and S.1647 in the Senate for upwards of 20 weeks for high-jobless states in double-digits. Both bills will end up as One Bill and probably will be altered to reflect more weeks of EB for those states with high unemployment rates, but we really wouldn’t know until they return from summer break on Tuesday but be prepared for time wasted of at least 2wks because of the Healthcare Reform debate thats ongoing. Thats why everyone should be emailing those pre-printed forms to your Senators & Congress person that http://www.nelp.org has sent to all who are on their mailing lists, also the link is on comments #31 and if they get enough of these emails they may shock all of us & make the extension of EB the #1 issue right away.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:51 PM

37 posts, read 120,677 times
Thanks so much for all the info Cheweetina I don't know who I spoke with but when I called the one in hamilton the guy that answered told me he had a couple of people complaining that some of these centers were telling them different things he told me he knew for a fact that there was at least 300 per person available for utility bills bit of course every place I called said they knew nothing of that maybe I can try Ewing back Tuesday

Old 09-04-2009, 11:58 PM

39 posts, read 110,877 times
Unemployment will be THE NEWS for the next few days and Congress will soon be back from the big snooze now is the time to start contacting your reps.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:27 AM

34 posts, read 85,885 times
[quote=midagegirl;10604664]Can you go to any school of your choice? is it for colleges and trade schools?

I have signed up at the Community College that is by my house. I received the tuition waiver from my local One Stop Center last month but had to wait until September 4th to sign up for classes. I am currently signed up for 16 credits. Yikes! I am going to drop 4 credits on Tuesday, the first day of classes. BTW, I am 52 years old and hope that someone will want to be my lab partner.

The contact at the Local One Stop Center told me I am also eligible for WIA but I do not know what that is. She also told me about a $4,000 grant that is available that may help for the Spring 2010 semester.

The tuition waiver is only good at NJ State School. Like all of the Community College, Rutgers, Montclair and the like. Not private schools. So it does limit. I was also told that it could not be applied toward a degree but used to strengthen my skills so when the market opens I will have usable skills.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,432 times
Hello,
This message is for Cheweetina. I read your postings on the ABT and I was just wondering if you had any more info. I am a nursing student in Burlington County, and I am done in December. I did collect the ABT back in August 07-February 08 for 26 weeks. I called the One Stop Career center to see if I can get the ABT again because all of my extensions ran out and I was told that I could only collect ABT once. Can you suggest anyone else I should contact? I appreciate any info.
Thanks

Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 AM

25 posts, read 89,734 times
I got a letter from the Department of Labor today informing me that there is nothing yet about future extended benefits, but they gave me this link which I hope to help somebody out there:

http://www.njhelps.org/

Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,221 times
With all do respect to everyone, I'm looking to go back to school, training myself ,since the job market isn't budging, but noted several posts ago, this thread is in regards to the proposed bill extension after eb. Please, I don't want this thread being closed due to going off topic. Since the updtes are so informative to everyone.

My sincere regards to everyone,

Wendy

Old 09-05-2009, 11:44 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyEF View Post
With all do respect to everyone, I'm looking to go back to school, training myself ,since the job market isn't budging, but noted several posts ago, this thread is in regards to the proposed bill extension after eb. Please, I don't want this thread being closed due to going off topic. Since the updtes are so informative to everyone.
Agreed! How about one of you posters who are so knowledgeable about training and state-sponsored services start a separate thread on those subjects?

There's no question there is interest in those subjects. But other readers can't find that information if you post it in a thread that is supposed to be about a different subject -- in this case, extensions of Unemployment Benefits after EB.

By the same token, people who are looking for information specifically about extensions in Unemployment benefits after EB expect that topic to be addressed here -- not training and other services. With the subject of extensions about to heat up again, we really need to be focused.

Also, please remember that questions directed to a specific person can be sent to them via direct message -- they don't have to be posted here.

Finally, as Wendy pointed out -- a moderator can shut down this thread at any time because it has gotten so far off topic.

Thanks!

Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM

89 posts, read 186,624 times
Hello Everyone,

Wasn't trying to get the subject off of the UI extensions, I'm in the same place as you are that's why I'm here. Was trying to help as much as possible while people are waiting for their extensions.

Hope this didn't cause an inconvenience to anyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey