Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,927 times

Advertisements

hey guys i have a quick question... my unemployment balance is $40 lol... i was layed off by circuit city in the beginning of march, and now i need to get my 1st unemployment extension.. Do i have to wait til i get my $40 check..? I really can't survive off of $40 for 2 weeks.. lol.. how do i go about my situation? any input is greatly appreciated.. thanx for all the info on this forum guys.. --bigjohn

Old 09-14-2009, 09:02 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,968,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf4576 View Post
Hello Everyone, I'm a little confused, I have just received my last EB (20 weeks) check 2 weeks ago. As of now there is no extensions. However in my case, I am hoping for H.R. 3548 to be passed correct? Basically this will give me another 13 weeks in the next few weeks. If I am wrong please define the specifics. I understand that H.R. 3404 and S 1647, are on the backburner right now. Someone please just clairify, if H.R 3548 is passed hypothethically next week, I would be able to receive theses benefits. Basically this would be a fifth extension correct?, nothing to dowith the other bills or 2010, just another 13 week extension? Thank You.
These questions have already been answered just a few posts above yours. Read posts #315 and #318 -- they have ALL of the "specifics" defined.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,968,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoerner View Post
hey guys i have a quick question... my unemployment balance is $40 lol... i was layed off by circuit city in the beginning of march, and now i need to get my 1st unemployment extension.. Do i have to wait til i get my $40 check..? I really can't survive off of $40 for 2 weeks.. lol.. how do i go about my situation? any input is greatly appreciated.. thanx for all the info on this forum guys.. --bigjohn
The subject of this thread is Unemployment extensions after EB. For information about experiences people have had moving from regular benefits to the Tier I extension, you should search for a thread on the subject of the Tier I extension -- you may find the answer there to a similar questions that was posted earlier. Or you can start a new thread on that subject.

That way, your inquiry won't be lost on a thread with a completely different subject -- like this one.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,927 times
thank you so much.. sorry for the misunderstanding.. --bigjohn

Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 AM

39 posts, read 110,842 times
hearings scheduled for tomorrow (9/15).

at 10:00am comes the Hearings to examine UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:51 AM

348 posts, read 469,372 times
I dont want to go back and read the post. I asked a question nicely, and would like someone to answer it if they would be generous. I'm an adult, and dont need to be told to go look back to this and that, this is not an open book quiz. Maybe I did understand the previous post. The way people talk to other people in here is rude, i.e telling people to leave, telling people to go back and look here, telling people your in the wrong post. How about being nice and if you dont have anything nice to say or if you can't help that person at that specific point, just don't answer them, or have the kindness to reply. Alot of people in this forum are confused about this current economic situation. We are in this forum for the same reason. So if someone has a question as myself that I don't understand or someone touched on a wrong subject, BIG DEAL, no one is the BOSS of this forum. I believe, in particular, one person has an issue. If you dont want to help these people at need, don't answer. Don't send them around in loops, again this forum is for people looking for help. So, I again ask someone to help me with my question, if has been addressed and I didnt understand, maybe I would like it if someone would take a minuteto help. I again thank eveyone for their help and patience, no one is better then anyone else here, we are all looking for answes. Thank You FYI my orginal post was 320. Again I would appreceiate any help. Thank you

Old 09-15-2009, 07:54 AM

702 posts, read 1,570,827 times
For those that have asked in the past do they have to re-apply to get the additional 13 week extension if passed the Hudson Reporter a site that covers news from Hudson County New Jersey touches on that subject briefly. It quotes Steven Smith, Assistant Director of One-Stop Operations to say,
"If the bill were to pass legislation, those whose unemployment benefits had been terminated and are eligible for an extension would automatically receive one. Smith said that in the past, that is how it has worked. Clients would not have to re-apply, they would simply receive a letter and then a check."
You can read the rest of the article here.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:12 AM

106 posts, read 278,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf4576 View Post
Hello Everyone, I'm a little confused, I have just received my last EB (20 weeks) check 2 weeks ago. As of now there is no extensions. However in my case, I am hoping for H.R. 3548 to be passed correct? Basically this will give me another 13 weeks in the next few weeks. If I am wrong please define the specifics. I understand that H.R. 3404 and S 1647, are on the backburner right now. Someone please just clairify, if H.R 3548 is passed hypothethically next week, I would be able to receive theses benefits. Basically this would be a fifth extension correct?, nothing to dowith the other bills or 2010, just another 13 week extension? Thank You.
Yes you are correct. HR3548 adds another 13 weeks of benefits for states with unemployment rates of 8.5% or higher. NJ is above 8.5% so we would be entitled to the additional 13 weeks.Thats it. The other two bills address the issue of extending previous extensions for another year, otherwise they would expire 12/31/09.Hope this helps.
As far as people being rude, I think it is more of an "authority complex" than anything else. Everyone is stressed not knowing what is going to happen or when it is going to happen and nerves are frayed. Most everyone that posts here tries to do the best they can and all comments and questions should be appreciated and not reprimanded.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:25 AM

39 posts, read 110,842 times
thank you

Old 09-15-2009, 08:43 AM

348 posts, read 469,372 times
Thank you dchick for your time. Respectfully Yours mf4576
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey