Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:42 PM

23 posts, read 60,394 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I saw this on Yahoo! News re. the proposed extension.

WASHINGTON – Despite predictions the Great Recession is running out of steam, the House is taking up emergency legislation this week to help the millions of Americans who see no immediate end to their economic miseries.......................................... ..
House moves to extend unemployment benefits - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090921/ap_on_go_co/us_unemployment_benefits - broken link)

Nick

Old 09-21-2009, 07:31 PM

259 posts, read 661,729 times
Hi all, new to the forum. I am currently a laid off union electrician. Obviously most union leaders, especiallt in this state are tied into state politics. We have word from our union reps that what will probably happen with the extensions are, the 13 week exension will be voted on quickly providing some quick relief to those who have or about to lose benfits. This gives the govt time to to act on extending the previous tiers of unemployment. They surely will be passed. The unemployment rate will remain over 9.5% and likely end up being int he 10% range for all of 2010. Congress knows that newly unemployed people will likely exhaust their 26 week benefits.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:39 PM

28 posts, read 77,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveybrown2 View Post
you would get the full payout but not go on to any next extension. you really should read more about the different topics on city-date because it seems that several times you are going off topic here. this specific thread is solely about extensions after you finish EB. you are still on tier 2 so you really dont need to worry so much about this forum since things can change dramatically before you get to this point. you are in the wrong area. this topic is really for people who are finishing up on EB and you are not even started on EB yet so other topics will probably help you much more.

Did not go off of subject at all... what I posted was about an impending extension to be voted on Tuesday. It seems that people on this thread were wondering about another extension. Therefore, I posted what I had read about the next extension that was in order to be voted on. The question about the extended benefits lasting 20 weeks, was simply because this thread included people that were already on the EB extension, so I figured they would know about it, seeing as though they are receiving it, and would know about the conditions. And DiorGirl.. the question I asked was NOT addressed in your answer. All your answer included were the extensions that were already given (Tier I, II, and EB) and how long it was that they lasted- not the actual date they expired or if they expired on Dec. 31st, regardless of how many weeks were issued. Also, your thread is actually page 20 #200. Thanks!

Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,956,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikaNJ View Post
And DiorGirl.. the question I asked was NOT addressed in your answer. All your answer included were the extensions that were already given (Tier I, II, and EB) and how long it was that they lasted- not the actual date they expired or if they expired on Dec. 31st, regardless of how many weeks were issued. Also, your thread is actually page 20 #200. Thanks!
The answers to your questions were exactly where I specified (see quotes below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
I responded earlier to your question on another thread where you posted it -- see page 20, post #200 on
//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...nefits-20.html

Information about the expiration of Tier I, Tier II, and EB (there is no EUC III) is available in post #300 on page 30 of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
If you are already collecting one of the extensions at year-end, you will be allowed to collect the rest of the weeks in that extension only -- but you will not be able to collect the next extension in the series.

The bills that created the existing extensions specify that they will expire on December 31, 2009.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:10 AM

354 posts, read 945,361 times
Ok now this is getting ridiculous erika cmon why do you continue to keep this petty argument going? It hardly seems worth it to me. If you took the time and went threw those threads and links diorgirl gave to you , you WOULD find the answers you seek. Lets all just get along and keep our fingers xrossed that this bill gets passed quickly today.

Yesterday 09:31 PM
Chubz
Quote:
We have word from our union reps that what will probably happen with the extensions are, the 13 week exension will be voted on quickly providing some quick relief to those who have or about to lose benfits. This gives the govt time to to act on extending the previous tiers of unemployment. They surely will be passed.
Yesterday 03:40 PM
Diorgirl
Quote:
The extra weekly stimulus payment is included in the legislation that would delay the expiration of those extensions until December 31, 2010 -- which is supposed to addressed by Congress this fall (currently proposed as HR 3404 and S 1647).
Quote:
Originally Posted by katedowney100
Hey guys it Kate. the login is messed up for my account so I had to create a new one. Did this ever happen to any of you?

Anyway, I just read the article which was linked in the post above. How come it says some states have received up to 59 weeks? We had more than that. if you count
claim: 26 weeks
tier 1: 20 weeks
tier 2: 13 weeks
eb: 20 weeks
Its seems to me that if you run out of your tier 2 benefits before dec. 31, 2009 that you would receive your 20 weeks of eb benefits. I just went back thru some previous threads and I hope that will help. Talk to you all this afternoon hopefully after hearing some good news for a change. Take care and god bless everyone

Last edited by shilzz; 09-22-2009 at 05:26 AM..

Old 09-22-2009, 05:38 AM

Hey Diorgirl can you tell me what is the best channel for hearing about whats going on with unemployment extensions. CNN, MSNBC ect... and is there a certain time that they talk about those issues or do you have the channel on pretty much all day lol? Thanx

Old 09-22-2009, 08:17 AM

Cspan to have discussion on unmeployment at 2pm today. Tune in!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 09:11 AM

348 posts, read 468,623 times
Good Morning Guys and Gals,

Well its Game Day today, good luck for everyone. I have a question If someone could help me I would be grateful. If my EB (20 Weeks) exhausted on Sept 3, will this 13 week include me, basically a 4th extension? If this has been answered I apologize, but could some one please help me.

Thanks,
Michael

Old 09-22-2009, 09:14 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,607,915 times
closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey