Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:54 PM

13 posts, read 68,230 times

Advertisements

'Potentially' Sunset ave, so I would walk to Bloomfield ave to grab the 33G if that is an option..thanks for the quick response..will call Decamp tomorrow to confirm if the bus stops for people along the route
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 06:06 PM

[quote=ReluctantGardenStater;12483119]Welcome to the neighborhood!

I rarely ride the bus, but I know from times past that it picks up on Bloomfield ave., with one of the stops (the one I generally used/use) being right across from Henry's deli/food mart on the opposite side.

Whereabouts are you at in Verona?[/quo

Potentially afterglow section..so Bloomfield ave is close but the stop down near the park is not..will it pick me up anywhere on bloomfield?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:29 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU28 View Post

Potentially afterglow section..so Bloomfield ave is close but the stop down near the park is not..will it pick me up anywhere on bloomfield?
There's a bus shelter on Bloomfield Av at Sunset Av (that's where I used to catch the bus myself!). DeCamp will pick you up there. But be sure to flag the bus down. NJ Transit routes pick up there too, so bus drivers will assume you don't want their bus unless you signal them.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
There's a bus shelter on Bloomfield Av at Sunset Av (that's where I used to catch the bus myself!). DeCamp will pick you up there. But be sure to flag the bus down. NJ Transit routes pick up there too, so bus drivers will assume you don't want their bus unless you signal them.
Perfect, thanks...And what did you say commutign time from there was. About a 45mins on the bus?

Old 01-18-2010, 08:19 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU28 View Post
Perfect, thanks...And what did you say commutign time from there was. About a 45mins on the bus?
If you're lucky. I caught the bus right around 7:30 every day to make it to my office by about 9. But I had a 20-25 min walk from the bus terminal to the office. The bus ride usually took about an hour, more or less (often more if traffic were heavy). The XBL on 495 speeds things up, as long as a bus doesn't break down in it. And there's always a long queue just to enter the bus lane. But then again, I was traveling at the peak time. If you are an early riser, a 6:30 bus might meet less resistance getting into the tunnel, and a 45 minute trip might be possible.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
If you're lucky. I caught the bus right around 7:30 every day to make it to my office by about 9. But I had a 20-25 min walk from the bus terminal to the office. The bus ride usually took about an hour, more or less (often more if traffic were heavy). The XBL on 495 speeds things up, as long as a bus doesn't break down in it. And there's always a long queue just to enter the bus lane. But then again, I was traveling at the peak time. If you are an early riser, a 6:30 bus might meet less resistance getting into the tunnel, and a 45 minute trip might be possible.
And now you are riding your bike down to walnut st? How long does that take? Especially on the ride home at night. Must be a pain if you are wearing a suit huh? How tough is it to park on a side street during the day?

Old 01-31-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Is it tough to ride the bike back home up the hill? what about street marking near walnut? i work on 48/6th so im guessing my walk from PABT will be 15 mins..so hr and 15 door to desk...

Old 01-29-2018, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 609 times
Hey 7 years on whats everyone thoughts on the decamp 33. Is it pretty reliable roughly an hour to port? or is it always over and hour and a nightmare!? going from grove/bellevue stop

Old 01-29-2018, 09:52 AM

482 posts, read 729,002 times
I think your husband just posted this on the other thread. Lol. The bus is 40-50 minutes if I get it around 7am to 7:20am (Grove from Glen ridge parkway) It becomes closer to an hour and more unpredictably longer if I get it after 730. Like a 730/740 pick up could be 55 min or an hour and 15. Since you’re on Bellevue, north of me, add 5 minutes to those cited pick up times, and subtract 5 minutes to the cited travel time

Old 01-29-2018, 03:13 PM

989 posts, read 1,877,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemobes View Post
I've taken DeCamp for nearly two years, mostly from Nutley but their service is HORRIBLE. It is completely unreliable and the people they have working at Port Authority are inept. You might be better off trying to find a parking spot in Montclair on a side street that isnt permit parking and taking one of the trains. Personally, I'd stay far away from DeCamp. It is also extremely overpriced for what they give you. NJT trains will have you in NYC in roughly 40 minutes DIRECT.

I completely agree about how horrible this bus service as I took it for 3 years until I starting using NJ Transit Bus. The DeCamp bus service gets worse while the rates continue to rise. Try to find an alternative if possible. DeCamp is a disgrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey