Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 PM

284 posts, read 542,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
give me a break, that doesnt qualify as me bringing race into the thread. you were really desperate on that one trying to say that picture was racist. if im going to find a picture of a guy with a gun in irvington, should i have found one of a white guy? come on.

you are passing the blame when it was clearly you and/or your brothers in arms that cant help attacking the whites as racists whenever they label a crime ridden city what it is.

Now you are saying that you didn't bring race into this thread and that your picture was not racist. That's strange because you usually don't have a problem with being called racist or intolerant; I thought you were proud of your obdurate and bigoted beliefs. Maybe there is hope for you.

For your information I am not black. If you read the other posts in this thread you would have already known that. Your shallow mind would assume that anyone who disagrees with your intolerant, uncultured, and benighted ideas is black. That fact that you assumed I was black says a lot about you; that you see this issue as white versus black, when it is really enlightened versus ignorant. Thankfully there are enlightened white and black people who can see exactly what you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
I never said that anyone who is scared to frequent those areas is a racist. I said that you are a racist. Big difference!
Yes, and what do you base than enlightened information on? That I have used negative words to describe a crime-filled town?

Old 08-26-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Yes, and what do you base than enlightened information on? That I have used negative words to describe a crime-filled town?
You said that you felt the need to warn people away from a town that has a higher than average rate of violent crime. You don't know the people you were warning away. That town is mostly African-American. You stated that you only frequent Irvington when you pass through it on your way south. You claimed that just by knowing and reading crime stats, that qualified you to give an accurate opinion of the town. OK, but ...... Why don't you have any posts on the threads of mostly white towns you know nothing about, other than statistics and a couple of "drive throughs?"

You called Irvington a "ghetto trash-heap." You spoke about being disturbed at the sight of a "cracked-out young black woman" near your car. You mentioned that you wish your town would have went through with it's attempts at "secession." Now that word in and of itself connotes many things that have to do with racism. Then you wrongly assumed that I was black because your brain is automatically programmed to think that if someone disagrees with you considering race relations that they must be black; blatant ethno-centrism. You mentioned the fact that you have Hispanic blood in an attempt to somehow automatically preclude yourself from being a racist, as if Hispanics cannot be racist; this action intrinsically reeks of bigotry.

Nowhere have I insulted the town where you live. I actually stated that I was glad for you, specifically because you are privileged to be able to choose where you live. However, you felt the need to repeatedly call Newark (my hometown), East Orange, and Irvington dumps, and point out how your town is "better." When I mentioned the efforts of responsible people in Irvington who are interested in improving their community you laughed it off as ridiculous. You made judgements about the content of my character because I live in Newark, as if all Newark residents have the same personality and are not unique in respect to one another. This is another indication of how you perceive and judge people who might not occupy the same station as you in terms of socio-economics; another example of your blatant ethno-centrism.

Maybe each one of these examples apart and by itself means nothing. But when I look at the whole snapshot I can only come to one conclusion:

YOU ARE A RACIST.....

And that is OK. It might not be your fault.
Martin Luther King Jr. once said, "Racism is a sickness unto death."
He also knew that people could be convinced that they were sick and begin the process of healing. I think that your thinking is sick. You need help. And there is help available.

Que dios te bendiga, mi hermano!

Last edited by NEWARK MAGIC; 08-26-2009 at 12:41 AM..

Old 08-26-2009, 07:07 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Now you are saying that you didn't bring race into this thread and that your picture was not racist. That's strange because you usually don't have a problem with being called racist or intolerant; I thought you were proud of your obdurate and bigoted beliefs. Maybe there is hope for you.
the picture wasnt racist, and my posting the picture isnt what introduced the race issue into this thread.

the racists are those defending irvington based on race and refusing to recognize crime statistics. you dont have to defend a crime infested town simply because of your race (or racial sympathies). you are putting race above reality. reality which is that irvington is a terrible place for someone to go to.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
the picture wasnt racist, and my posting the picture isnt what introduced the race issue into this thread.

the racists are those defending irvington based on race and refusing to recognize crime statistics. you dont have to defend a crime infested town simply because of your race (or racial sympathies). you are putting race above reality. reality which is that irvington is a terrible place for someone to go to.

Your mind is so brassbound, trained, and constricted that you fail to see how your comments and ideas are the absolute epitome of ethno-centrism.

Let me try it another way:

You say that it is a "reality" that Irvington is "a terrible place to go to."
Synonyms for reality: fact, actuality. So you say that it is a fact that Irvington is a terrible place.

But:

There are over 60,000 residents in Irvington. Some of those residents are poor and have no choice but to stay in Irvington; but that does not mean that their desires and opinions are moot. Some of the residents of Irvington are not poor and have made a conscious choice to live in Irvington. Maybe they want to do their part to turn the town around, or were born there and harbor nostalgic feelings for the geography, or feel safe owning a home along the tree-lined tranquil street of Nesbitt Terrace (have you ever been to Nesbitt Terr. CaptainNJ? : well at least you can 'visit' it on google maps and see the well-maintained beautiful homes; instead of creating insensitive photoshopped pictures), or just simply choose to live in Irvington for thier own personal reasons. But you are assuming that everyone's reality is YOUR reality. Maybe others are not concerned about the crime rate or feel comfortable knowing that it is concentrated to one area. The town has a high crime rate and YOU think that it is a "reality" that no sane thinking person would want to live there. What if someone's opinion is that Morganville, NJ is a cultureless and prosiac place to live and called it a "reality" that it is a terrible place to go?

I would not be challenging you if you said: I "think" Irvington is an undesireable place to live. Instead you are saying: It is a "fact" that Irvington is an undesireable place to live. That it is "reality."

Hence, you and your thinking are the absolute epitome of ethno-centrism. And, to take it a step further; taking into consideration the countless comments I have read regarding other posts on other threads, this thread, your blatant elitist and ethno-centrist thought process: YOU ARE a RACIST in my opinion.

The few times I was called a racist on this thread I just let it slide and did not try to convince anyone that I was not such, because people can espouse whatever opinions they want. Also I don't feel guilty about anything. You, on the other hand, are trying to convince us that you are not a racist. The "reality" is: that if you look up ethno-centrism in the dictionary it fits you to a TEE. And in my opinion, you are a racist. Racism is a sickness. People who are racist suffer from such in different degrees. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the absolute extreme) I think you are about a 6. A little more sicker than the average racist, but not as bad as others. Thankfully, New Jersey is populated with many open-minded people of all persuasions. People like you need help. Much like ReluctantGardenStater, it is not your fault, you were taught racism. Your brain is on automatic. I have read countless insensitive posts authored by you. I always thought that you were proud of you narrow-mindedness but you are now giving me reason to think otherwise. There are many tools and various ways that you can relearn how to see your fellow man in terms other than race or color.

Esperanza y paz

Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:

Some of those residents are poor and have no choice but to stay in Irvington; but that does not mean that their desires and opinions are moot.

Maybe they want to do their part to turn the town around, or were born there and harbor nostalgic feelings for the geography, or feel safe owning a home along the tree-lined tranquil street of Nesbitt Terrace
you know its a terrible place but you blind yourself because of your racial sympathies.

if it wasnt a terrible place, it wouldnt be filled with "poor people that have no choice."

people who do have a choice wouldnt be there so they can "do their part to turn the town around." you dont have to turn around towns that arent crap.

i would really just prefer to discuss the positives (haha) and negatives of the town and not keep on with the race crap. you are obsessed with race and this isnt a racial issue.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
you know its a terrible place but you blind yourself because of your racial sympathies.

if it wasnt a terrible place, it wouldnt be filled with "poor people that have no choice."

people who do have a choice wouldnt be there so they can "do their part to turn the town around." you dont have to turn around towns that arent crap.

i would really just prefer to discuss the positives (haha) and negatives of the town and not keep on with the race crap. you are obsessed with race and this isnt a racial issue.
It was not a racial issue per se, until you hyperbolically injected race into the thread. Like you do with other issues on other threads. That is your modus operandi

Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
It was not a racial issue per se, until you hyperbolically injected race into the thread. Like you do with other issues on other threads. That is your modus operandi
its funny how you tried to blame me for making this a racial issue because i posted that picture. you made this a racial issue because you are obsessed with race and cant understand why someone wouldnt like irvington except because it has a lot of black people.

the problem is yours.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
its funny how you tried to blame me for making this a racial issue because i posted that picture. you made this a racial issue because you are obsessed with race and cant understand why someone wouldnt like irvington except because it has a lot of black people.

the problem is yours.
Just like how you assumed that I was black.
The problem is yours.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Just like how you assumed that I was black.
The problem is yours.
who cares if i assumed that you were black? that changes nothing. you are obsessed with race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey