Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:00 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

my coop that i lived in with my wife for 4 years had one small bathroom. it was small, when i was dropping a deuce there was barely any space to the left or right of me. thats why i did most of my deuce dropping during work hours. it all depends on the place, price and number of people going to live there.

the worst thing is selling this coop is probably going to be a 4-5 month ordeal from signing the contract. its about 2.5 months now and the f-ing coop board has yet to go through the preapplication. bunch of dumb geezers with no lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,384,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
it was small, when i was dropping a deuce there was barely any space to the left or right of me. thats why i did most of my deuce dropping during work hours.
What does deuce dropping mean? I've never heard this expression.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
What does deuce dropping mean? I've never heard this expression.
deuce = #2 = poop

Old 08-26-2009, 01:09 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,384,846 times
Thanks. Sorry I asked.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:33 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my coop that i lived in with my wife for 4 years had one small bathroom. it was small, when i was dropping a deuce there was barely any space to the left or right of me. thats why i did most of my deuce dropping during work hours. it all depends on the place, price and number of people going to live there.

the worst thing is selling this coop is probably going to be a 4-5 month ordeal from signing the contract. its about 2.5 months now and the f-ing coop board has yet to go through the preapplication. bunch of dumb geezers with no lives.
Do you expand sideways when you drop your deuces?

And here I was going to say that this was turning out to be a poopular thread, but was afraid it would be tasteless.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Do you expand sideways when you drop your deuces?

And here I was going to say that this was turning out to be a poopular thread, but was afraid it would be tasteless.
well, i like to read a magazine and its hard when there is little room for my arms when im holding the magazine.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Not having a bath or half-bath on the ground floor might cause problems if you have visitors with mobility issues (e.g. parents/grandparents)
I've thought about that--my mom is mostly mobile but is coming up on her 81st birthday and stairs are sometimes a challenge. Since my late father was a disabled vet and the house she's been in for 50+ years was built for him on a DAV grant and there is no longer anyone living on the second floor, she's OK in her own home--no front steps, extra-wide doorways, etc. It's likely she would visit me from time to time.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
well bottom line is you have to do what is best for you & within your budget!!
Good Luck
What areas are you looking in?
Monmouth County. I need to commute to Manhattan for a few more years, and being closer to the ocean is my choice. There's not a whole lot in my small-house criteria and price range, but there are some and I will find something. Would consider a townhouse, but I don't want to live where someone is on top of me or under me. I've lived in a few garden apartments in my time and had enough of that.

Most recently I was renting a three-bedroom house in Bergen County. Condos seem to have those pricey mtce fees though for more than it costs to cut grass and shovel snow, IMO.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:32 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,928 times
At one point we had 3 adults and 4 kids in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house. We lived through it, there were no accidents but a few close calls. Baths wweere done on schedules and if you missed your allotted time slot you wore extra deoderant that day. lol

If I were in your shoes, based on your descriptions, I wouldnt hesitate looking further into one of the 1 bath houses. I dont see why it wont meet your needs. Yes it would be nice to have a seperate bathroom for guests and such but, guests dont pay the mortgage. Good luck!

Old 08-26-2009, 03:26 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,237 times
For a 2 br house, I think one bath is totally fine. I think the bigger problem is that it is a 2 br house, rather than a 3 br but that's ok too, just limits who you can resell to later. Are you looking at ranches? Most 2 br ranches have only one bath, which makes sense, and then people do stuff in the basement (finish it, add a bath, etc).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey