U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 AM

3 posts, read 14,743 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am new to the forums, but I have searched the forum for the information in vain. I am looking for the best private schools ( kindergarten, 1 grade) in edison, woodbridge and metuchen areas. Please help. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,717,354 times
Rutgers Prep.

Rutgers Preparatory School

Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 AM

3,261 posts, read 2,773,461 times
Wardlaw-Hartridge

http://www.whschool.org/podium/default.aspx?t=10743

Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 AM

great!

How are these schools in comparison to one another?
How are these schools in comparison to Metuchen Christian ACademy, Metuchen and Saint Cecilia School, Iselin?

Thank you for the replies!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 AM

10,434 posts, read 47,289,632 times
Rutgers prep has always held the honors of being really good though I never attended nor has anyone I knew. I'm going by general reputation.

St. Cecilias is starting to look run down last I looked but that dont mean it's a bad school. I used to attend some night classes there many many years ago and while wandering the halls with all the pictures and writings from students even this young school hater was impressed. I also used to attend bi monthly meets with coin collectors for a whole lot of years which was held in the gym. Quite a few St Ceclias teachers were avid coin collectors and ran the whole show. I have some good memories of that school.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM

9,124 posts, read 34,430,408 times
St. Cecilia's used to be a great school back when I was in school in the 70's/80's. In the past decade, it, like every other school in Iselin/Edison has seen a demographic shift, with a large portion of it's student population being Indian/Asian- it's not the "white kid catholic school" that it once was. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just something to consider if you're thinking it's a lily-white catholic school.

I know several families who still send their kids there, and they say that each year there's more requests for donations, fundraising, "volunteering" (I used quotes because you can't really call it "volunteering" when you're basically required to do it), etc.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:57 PM

279 posts, read 1,007,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
St. Cecilia's used to be a great school back when I was in school in the 70's/80's. In the past decade, it, like every other school in Iselin/Edison has seen a demographic shift, with a large portion of it's student population being Indian/Asian- it's not the "white kid catholic school" that it once was. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just something to consider if you're thinking it's a lily-white catholic school.

I know several families who still send their kids there, and they say that each year there's more requests for donations, fundraising, "volunteering" (I used quotes because you can't really call it "volunteering" when you're basically required to do it), etc.
That's pretty much with any Catholic school these days. I pulled my kids out of St. Matthew School in Edsion because the tuition, donations, fundraising, and time was TOO much. Plus, publc schools have so much more to offer these days with their funding.

I work next to Rutgers Prep. It seems like a good school, but appears to have that typical snobby aroma that private schools emit. I heard that tuition is close to $10,000! For elementary!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:39 PM

52 posts, read 198,447 times
You may also want to try Featherbed Lane School in Clark. I sent my kids to summer camp there when they were younger. If the school is half as well run as the camp, then it's a great school!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Thanks all for the replies and the information. I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey