Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartone View Post
Not true. Lincoln Park will get you to the bridge or tunnel within 25 minutes, and there are buses and trains from the nearby transit station.
That's not a very convincing rebuttal. The fact that one leg of your trip is 25 minutes only proves that the commute is more than 25 minutes, it sure as hell doesn't show that the commute is less than 60.

I have friends who commute from Montclair and Short Hills (~30-40 minute train rides) and they have about 75 minutes door to desk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 05:39 PM

607 posts, read 958,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
Florham Park is a great town.... LP is ok, but the schools aren't as great.
Neither one will get you to NYC, door to desk in 60 minutes though.
Couldn't disagree more about the schools or the town as a whole. LPES and LPMS are top-notch schools, and dollar for dollar LP offers as much or more than many of the surrounding towns.

There are three area commuter train stations in the area (LP, Mountain View and the Wayne Transit Center on 23, as well as local bus service from Wayne and Willowbrook. I don't know the destination of the OP, so I have no idea how many transfers might be involved, if any...

Old 09-30-2009, 09:03 AM

3 posts, read 2,542 times
West Orange is great. We too relocated from NY to NJ for schools and a better life for our children. We've been in West Orange for going on three years, and we absolutely love it. Schools are great, I still commute for work in 35-40 minutes, very diverse. All in all, I think it may be a great fit

Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 PM

45 posts, read 294,141 times
Jersey City fits the bill for ya! (Heights, anyway)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey