Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,594 times

Advertisements

I am scheduled to take my test at Miller Air Park. It was the only location available on the date I wanted to take it, and seeing as I am not from the area, I was wondering if anyone could offer up any details about the course? Is it a closed course?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 02:09 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,402,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
it's ridiculously easy. When I took the test, they had me drive around a closed course at 5mph. If you remember to come to a complete stop at the stop signs, signal when you turn, and drive on the right side of the road, you will pass.

that explains a lot about NJ driving. I always wondered about the road test...

Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,901 times
what do they test you on at miller air park ?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
I've never heard of miller Air Park but if you cannot pass the driving test, you don't belong on the road. I've been a proponent of making both the written and driving tests MUCH more difficult than they are. Or at least, more stringent. People seem to think its their "right" to be able to drive and feel everyone in the world needs to get out of their way or watch out for them when the exact opposite is true. Study, practice, practice, practice, and you'll be fine. Once you've been behind the wheel a few years you will understand just how simple the test is.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM

376 posts, read 665,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
I've never heard of miller Air Park but if you cannot pass the driving test, you don't belong on the road. I've been a proponent of making both the written and driving tests MUCH more difficult than they are. Or at least, more stringent. People seem to think its their "right" to be able to drive and feel everyone in the world needs to get out of their way or watch out for them when the exact opposite is true. Study, practice, practice, practice, and you'll be fine. Once you've been behind the wheel a few years you will understand just how simple the test is.
i don't see the point in saying this because there's people in this state that have no business being on the road in this state because they don't know how to drive period. it's not that they don't know how to drive a car as in straight driving, k-turning or parallel parking but not knowing how to drive on the road with other drivers following the basic rules. tailgating other drivers, switching lanes erratically where you're zig zagging on the road way nearly crashing into people while doing so, speeding on side streets in residential areas, overly aggressive driving, etc. THAT IS NOT DRIVING. they're a danger to themselves and other people outthere.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
i don't see the point in saying this because there's people in this state that have no business being on the road in this state because they don't know how to drive period. it's not that they don't know how to drive a car as in straight driving, k-turning or parallel parking but not knowing how to drive on the road with other drivers following the basic rules. tailgating other drivers, switching lanes erratically where you're zig zagging, speeding on side streets in residential areas, overly aggressive driving. THAT IS NOT DRIVING. they're a danger to themselves and other people outthere.
I agree completely, that's why I continued with

Quote:
People seem to think its their "right" to be able to drive and feel everyone in the world needs to get out of their way or watch out for them when the exact opposite is true.
/offtopic
Just noticed the name change.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,531 times
I failed because I didn't know what a k turn was been driving 20 yrs

Old 02-10-2012, 08:18 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsacks View Post
I failed because I didn't know what a k turn was been driving 20 yrs

Back in the olden days, when I took driver education, it was referred to as a "3 Point Turn". When I later heard my students referring to it as a "K-Turn", I did not know what they were talking about at first. Perhaps you also learned the term, "3 Point Turn".

Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I actually failed my test the first time when i turned 17.

I drove one handed like i normally do, and i failed because of it. Hahaha.
When I took my road test in 1967 at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, the DMV instructor that gave me the test was a fairly young guy. When I was parallel parking, I was backing into the space between the cones and using my mirrors. He said are you going to do that when your driving, or are you going to turn and look over your shoulder and steer with one hand like most people do. I told him that I would probably do it one handed. He didn't make me complete the parking task and then asked me to go down the course and make a 3 point turn. I got half way through that maneuver and he stopped me. He said OK your done. I passed the test but left scratching my head. I don't know if he just wanted to get done or realized that I knew had to drive.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 AM

7 posts, read 12,873 times
I have some family in Jersey and my two younger cousins passed with flying colors. They were pretty responsible about it though and practiced parallel parking until they could do it without bumping the curb. I thought the practice really paid off. Check your mirrors, buckle up and always use your blinkers, good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey