Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 06:35 AM

9 posts, read 44,569 times

Advertisements

Hello. I have got J-1 visa. And now i am looking for a job and housing in Wildwood on summer 2007. Please, if you have free position, let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 AM

291 posts, read 1,113,546 times
Hello Luda~
Morey's Pier is a large amusement park on the Wildwood Boardwalk. I think they are a large employer for students during the summer months here at the beach. Go to their website http://www.moreyspiers.com/ where you can find information, telephone number and a link that will show you the jobs that are available. You can also apply online. Hope this helps. Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your summer here!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Ok.Thank you for information. I will try. What do you think if i come 2 June is it realy to find job and housing there??

Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 AM

291 posts, read 1,113,546 times
No, June 2 will not be too early. The season starts here at about the end of May. A lot of students come for the summer and find work along the boardwalk in Wildwood and other towns nearby. I think it will be easy for you to find other students who you may be able to share an apartment with.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:57 AM

How much does housing cost in Wildwood for students? And may be you know how mush is average salary (in hour)????

Old 05-05-2007, 11:38 AM

31 posts, read 225,730 times
I suggest end of May... I was in Wildwood around June 11 and saw a couple of Russian gals trying to find work for the summer the entire time we were there... all the positions were already filled.

Doesn't look like anything is posted yet but check in a few weeks...http://www.wildwoodsnj.com/wildwood-jobs.cfm

You are not going to get much money... but you will definitely have the opportunity to improve your English speaking skills. By the way, NJ is a smoke free zone (no smoking in restaurants, bars, etc) so if you are allergic to smoke, you don't have to worry about that.

For housing check out sharing a house on http://southjersey.craigslist.org/

Old 05-05-2007, 12:23 PM

I can get a job in Laconia,NH. But i dont know what i should do: i think the weather is not hot there and it is far from ocean.But housing is cheaper (50$/week) .And salary is 10$/hour.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:52 PM

31 posts, read 225,730 times
Think of what you want to gain from the experience. On days off, you can go visit Philadelphia or New York City (a bit far but still doable). Or just go sunbathing (most places in NJ require a fee to get on the beach but I'm sure you will find a way around that... like sharing a beach tag). There's also lots of nightlife at the shore. So you might not make as much money to take home, but you might see more of America (people from all over the country come to Wildwood).

And if you really like NJ, you can try to get a student visa and go to a community college.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:34 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
Yeah I'd definitley go to one of the beach town in NJ or NY over New Hampshire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey