Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Exactly. I'd be looking for another house in the meantime. Let them take their lowball.
I think they would wait the week to accomodate the higher offer and take it from there, wouldn't you??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM

36 posts, read 111,907 times
We are looking for other houses but (1) we like this house and (2) not much else is for sale in our price range and desired neighborhood (s). No need for us to penalize this seller for following his religious beliefs - in fact, I respect that, even though it does make it harder for us. Of course we'll continue to look at other houses as they come available but we'll make every effort to work with this seller too. Hopefully we can either see it tomorrow evening or Sunday morning before the function. Otherwise it will have to wait until next week.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:16 AM

Oh and Saturday evening/night won't work for us even if the seller would allow after 8 pm - we have a house-warming/birthday party for a dear friend starting at 8pm and don't want to be late!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamane18 View Post
We are looking for other houses but (1) we like this house and (2) not much else is for sale in our price range and desired neighborhood (s). No need for us to penalize this seller for following his religious beliefs - in fact, I respect that, even though it does make it harder for us. Of course we'll continue to look at other houses as they come available but we'll make every effort to work with this seller too. Hopefully we can either see it tomorrow evening or Sunday morning before the function. Otherwise it will have to wait until next week.
if it's meant to be it will happen!!
Good luck

Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,237 times
It's not about penalizing the seller, but business is business and I agree it would be wise to continue to look for other houses in the meantime in case this one falls through.

Good luck.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:20 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,526,545 times
Why don't you just make an offer? Then bring your FIL at inspection. Believe me nothing's worse than listening to one of your parents when buying a home. They never say what you want to hear.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:36 AM

I know what you are saying with regard to parents, but we've been burned before and I'm not sure either of us, especially DH, is comfortable making an offer without his FIL seeing it first - he's REALLY good at finding things/thinking about things we might have missed and we are very close.

In any case, it might be sort of moot. Just got a call from our broker who spoke with the listing broker. Apparently the sellers have become super anxious (it's been on the market almost a year) and are signing back the lowball offer tonight. Sigh.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamane18 View Post
I know what you are saying with regard to parents, but we've been burned before and I'm not sure either of us, especially DH, is comfortable making an offer without his FIL seeing it first - he's REALLY good at finding things/thinking about things we might have missed and we are very close.

In any case, it might be sort of moot. Just got a call from our broker who spoke with the listing broker. Apparently the sellers have become super anxious (it's been on the market almost a year) and are signing back the lowball offer tonight. Sigh.
At this point what difference does 1 week make. There may be something up there that the FIL would have found

Old 09-09-2009, 11:59 AM

I don't know - but I think the sellers have already bought something elsewhere and just need to be done already. I guess they are worried that if we don't end up making an offer they may lose the lowball people - not sure.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:07 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,237 times
That's crazy of them. They're taking a lowball over a lousy week?

They didn't even call you to see if you wanted to counterbid?

Good riddance, they are probably nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey