Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:01 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,266,597 times

Advertisements

As already said, Metropark never has a problem with having enough parking. Monthly permits are $60 or $65/month, or daily is $5/day.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 PM

4 posts, read 16,039 times
Default New Providence has 2 stations and no waiting list

Hello,

Realize this thread was started a while back but New Providence does not have a waiting list for permits. And the permits may be used at either the NP or Murray Hill station.
Both my wife and I work in the city and this was an important consideration. The 7:10 AM train from NP gets to Penn Station at 7:50 so it's a pretty quick commute

Old 05-04-2009, 02:19 PM

136 posts, read 721,096 times
I went on the waiting list for a MetroPark permit in September and got one for December so there was a short wait late last year.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,808 times
Hi Lesotho,

My husband 2 small kids and I are relocating back to the east coast from LA. We are ny-ers and are learning about NJ, as we plan to buy a home there in the next couple of months.

We are looking in the following areas: Westfield, Cranford, New Providence, Scotch Plains and Berkeley Hts. I am seeing some beautiful homes in BH, but it seems the commute into the city (i will need to do it a few times a week) may be a pain. Can you tell me more about NP? We are looking for a community feel, activities for families and kids, a real neighborhood.

We are also looking in northern nj, Westwood, Ridgewood and Demarest.

I would love any feedback on these areas.

Thanks so much.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:52 PM
bay

425 posts, read 2,919,059 times
We just got a house in BH and probably will move in by Oct. BH has mid town direct train to NYC, but I think it's not so frequent during off hours. I am working in Newark. Therefore, we plan to drive to Newark together in the morning and then my husband can take PATH direct to WTC and walk to the office. In the evening, I will take the car to pick up my son from daycare first and my husband will take PATH to Hoboken and switch the train back to BH. If possible, I can go to station to pick him up (around 1.5 miles).

The driving time from BH to Newark without traffice is around 30 minutes.

NP is the small town next to BH and it's nice, too. Actually we got a house in NP (murray hill section) earlier last month, but we finally decided to back off during attorney review because of the high tax in NP. Luckily, right after we back off, we found this one in BH with bigger level lot and slightly lower tax. We really like the neighborhood there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey