Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:32 PM

86 posts, read 302,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
No kool-aid here. I think Corzine is a sleaze. I just think he's less of a sleaze than Christie. The lesser of two evils.

And why should I believe you? Not for nothing, but I don't know you. I don't even necessarily doubt your honesty; even if I believe you, that you honestly believe there have been no reductions in personnel, I have to wonder if you really know what you're talking about. Just telling me "trust me..." like a used car salesman would isn't enough to reassure me.

Thanks for the anecdotal information, I'll consider it for what it is. Do you happen to have hard data that corroborates it??? I'd be interested in that.

What about the Christie lies and propaganda? Do you suggest we believe that over Corzine's lies and propaganda?
You can easily look up Sharon Harrington's NEW salary

I could send you a Table of Organization with the 17 new Director positions/names, in comparison to a Table of Organization dated prior to the Corzine Administration...but would you believe me? In all honesty...it doesn't really matter to me if you believe me or not. The small fraction of political patronage and abuse of taxpayer dollars that I have personally witnessed is "chump change" in comparison to the billions of dollars that Corzine has stolen from the citizens of NJ.

Again...I am not a Republican or a Democrat...I am a lifelong resident of NJ, and a realist...4 more years under the Corzine crooks will absolutely devestate this state.

I don't know how anyone...that isn't on the take, can defend this blatant political corruption.

Obama gave $17.5 BILLION of his $2 TRILLION stimulus to Corzine…..part of Obama’s master plan to reelect and enrich Democrats with tax monies. The $17.5 BILLION to Corzine is TAXPAYERS’ money…..and now it cannot be accounted for.

REFERENCE June 22 APP editorial: Corzine promised complete transparency…..but there is virtually no information on recipients of the $17.5 BILLION federal largess via a Web site. — NJ Recovery and Reinvestment Plan. The NJ Recovery Accountability Task Force was created by Corzine to review every step of the process and ensure that recovery funds are awarded based on clear and appropriate criteria and then distributed in a prompt, fair and reasonable manner. The Web site, as currently constituted, does none of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 05:35 PM

636 posts, read 1,423,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njerzygrl View Post
You can easily look up Sharon Harrington's NEW salary

I could send you a Table of Organization with the 17 new Director positions/names, in comparison to a Table of Organization dated prior to the Corzine Administration...but would you believe me? In all honesty...it doesn't really matter to me if you believe me or not. The small fraction of political patronage and abuse of taxpayer dollars that I have personally witnessed is "chump change" in comparison to the billions of dollars that Corzine has stolen from the citizens of NJ.

Again...I am not a Republican or a Democrat...I am a lifelong resident of NJ, and a realist...4 more years under the Corzine crooks will absolutely devestate this state.

I don't know how anyone...that isn't on the take, can defend this blatant political corruption.

Obama gave $17.5 BILLION of his $2 TRILLION stimulus to Corzine…..part of Obama’s master plan to reelect and enrich Democrats with tax monies. The $17.5 BILLION to Corzine is TAXPAYERS’ money…..and now it cannot be accounted for.

REFERENCE June 22 APP editorial: Corzine promised complete transparency…..but there is virtually no information on recipients of the $17.5 BILLION federal largess via a Web site. — NJ Recovery and Reinvestment Plan. The NJ Recovery Accountability Task Force was created by Corzine to review every step of the process and ensure that recovery funds are awarded based on clear and appropriate criteria and then distributed in a prompt, fair and reasonable manner. The Web site, as currently constituted, does none of that.
Don't even bother, Democrat shills will defend their guy no matter what.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:52 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,770 times
To me, does anybody remember Christie Whitman and what she did to New Jersey??? Just off of that alone, I will never vote for a Republican for the state of NJ. Hell... I was SHOCKED when I found out that she got picked for the head of the EPA and I remember how dirty Jersey was back then when she was in charge. Never again.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
To me, does anybody remember Christie Whitman and what she did to New Jersey??? Just off of that alone, I will never vote for a Republican for the state of NJ. Hell... I was SHOCKED when I found out that she got picked for the head of the EPA and I remember how dirty Jersey was back then when she was in charge. Never again.
Yeah, as soon as she lowered the state income tax, property taxes began to skyrocket. Luckily, for her, her home was classified as a farm with a next-to-nothing property taxes on it....she grew hay for her brother's horses! The joke then was...maybe if I grow tomatoes in my backyard, my taxes would have gone from $6000 to $600 like hers did! How quickly people forget!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
So you must not be voting for Corzine, then, right?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I don't wish NJ was like it was back in the day, when my parents weren't able to buy a house until they were in their mid-40's.
When was this? This is anecdotal evidence.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:51 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Me, wondering how you know/remember all about this since you were 14 when she left office.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:22 PM

11 posts, read 27,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I understand that you and many like you firmly believe that the reason for high costs comes down to nothing more than overspending, overtaxing, mismanagement of money, corruption, etc. But you all seem to ignore the fact that even if all of that was somehow magically cleared up, NJ would still be the most expensive state in which to live. Why?? Because it has a lot to offer and people are willing to pay more to live here.

Whether Corzine wins, or Christie...or Lonegan, or Dagget, or Rush Limbaugh, or Al Franken, or the most ultra-leftist or the most ultra-rightist, NJ is still NJ, and NJ is still desirable. The only way to cheapen the costs of NJ is to cheapen the benefits of living in NJ - let the schools go to crap, let the beaches erode, let the parkway and turnpike crumble, etc. If we want to keep those things, we need to pay. We need to pay through our state's government. And with that comes corruption and inefficiency as it would in any state government.
Here hear!! Loved this post BCJ!!

One fact I was hoping you'd mention BCJ is the fact that NJ is the most densely populated state in the country. With all these people piled up so densely on top of each other, you need a LOT of infrastructure to keep it all running smoothly. And that costs money. You gotta compare apples with apples...

I've lived in many other parts of the country. It may be cheaper to live in places like AZ or PA or FL, but the pay scales there are significantly lower too. It's all relative.

One last thing: I too work for the State. I don't know what department your other friend works for, but in my department, staffing has been steadily decreasing ever since Corzine was elected, and there have been NO political appointments other than replacing a director who left - one for one. And the difference with Corzine was, after the layoffs and such, there were no new massive hirings to follow! Our department is SEVERELY understaffed. Another department I'm intimately familiar with is also severely understaffed. And yet, if you drive around the parking lots of some of these state buildings, you see many many cars in the parking lot at 6:30, 7:00, 8:00 PM.... people staying late for no remuneration, to try to get the job done. Every day. I know there is dead weight around, but the majority of the people in MY department are dedicated, thoughtful, conscientious people who are trying to do the right thing for the citizens of NJ.

I may not be totally thrilled with Corzine, but I know for a fact that many of his claims are true, and I know, as far as Liars go, he's not the worst of them!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times
Quote:
sold state cars
Or wrecked them.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:10 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,280 times
He wasn't driving.

Hair splitting point, but come on, what does that have to do with policy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey