Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,767,307 times

Advertisements

New poll finds Corzine closing lead on Christie in N.J. race for governor - NJ.com

narrowing the gap. if you think he wont win in November with all of the $$$ he is spending on attack ads, and the legions of folks who will pull the democratic lever no matter what, you are mistaken.

Have fun with this New Jersey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:51 PM

8 posts, read 45,404 times
A Star-Ledger poll. What other result would you expect?

Old 09-13-2009, 10:38 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABruce View Post
A Star-Ledger poll. What other result would you expect?
Asbury Park Press (and, I would assume, all the Gannet New Jersey papers) had a similar poll. Christie is still leading, but Comrade Corzine is closing the gap. I'm sure they'll resurrect the dead in Hudson County and bus 'em in to the polling stations in Newark to push him over the top.

This state is doomed.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,692 times
Of course he is going to win. He is going to contact me, I will make a few phone calls and pull a few strings, and bam! The End.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:05 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,953,941 times
Eh. Does it really matter either way?

Old 09-14-2009, 05:16 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
I'm voting for the independant just because I can't vote for either of the other two.
Right now wer'e in the frying pan and there is no point in jumping into the fire.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 AM

86 posts, read 302,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
New poll finds Corzine closing lead on Christie in N.J. race for governor - NJ.com

narrowing the gap. if you think he wont win in November with all of the $$$ he is spending on attack ads, and the legions of folks who will pull the democratic lever no matter what, you are mistaken.

It was my understanding that his hypocritical attack ads are turning voters off...even more so than they already are...

I would hope that even the most loyal Dem would recognize that this bearded bafoon is robbing NJ blind and sending the taxpayer into economic ruin.

The hypocracy that Corzine's ads would attack Christie for a traffic violation when Corzine himself was racing down the Garden State Parkway, and almost catapulted through the windshield because the bonehead wasn't wearing his seatbelt, is sickening.

The ads attacking Christie for lending money to a co-worker, while Corzine was conducting secret negotiations with Union prez and girlfriend Karla Katz...let's not forget the hush money that Corzine paid to Katz and her brother...well that is beyond sickening.

It's very sad for the NJ taxpayers that Corzine feels the need to run bogus negative attack ads, rather than focus on the highest property taxes in the nation, gangs and crime in NJ, crumbling infrastructure, POLITICAL Corruption, unemployment, and the failing public education system...just to name a few.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:57 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I'm voting for the independant just because I can't vote for either of the other two.
Right now wer'e in the frying pan and there is no point in jumping into the fire.
I agree. They both stink.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njerzygrl View Post
It was my understanding that his hypocritical attack ads are turning voters off...even more so than they already are...

I would hope that even the most loyal Dem would recognize that this bearded bafoon is robbing NJ blind and sending the taxpayer into economic ruin.

The hypocracy that Corzine's ads would attack Christie for a traffic violation when Corzine himself was racing down the Garden State Parkway, and almost catapulted through the windshield because the bonehead wasn't wearing his seatbelt, is sickening.

The ads attacking Christie for lending money to a co-worker, while Corzine was conducting secret negotiations with Union prez and girlfriend Karla Katz...let's not forget the hush money that Corzine paid to Katz and her brother...well that is beyond sickening.

It's very sad for the NJ taxpayers that Corzine feels the need to run bogus negative attack ads, rather than focus on the highest property taxes in the nation, gangs and crime in NJ, crumbling infrastructure, POLITICAL Corruption, unemployment, and the failing public education system...just to name a few.
I am with you on everything in your post
I am just so soured with politicians as a whole I wonder if voted in if Christie will be any better In any case that bearded bafoon in a sweater vest isn't getting my vote

Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 AM

268 posts, read 761,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post

Totally disagree, I think Corzine is on his way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey