Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
and I am happy to say heavy weight lifting is definately more fun to me that shopping. I hate shopping.
ill take shopping over weightlifting any day. i dont buy anything, just walk around while my wife looks at stuff.

and i do weightlifting 5 days a week just so i look better than everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 12:42 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
the staff was ok, its just I guess I thought there would be a recession so I would be the only one there! Thats my kinda shopping, online too.

I am send the sauerbraten recipe to you mary right now!! Anyone else want ithit me up!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:47 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,618,761 times
I am waiting lol

Old 09-17-2009, 12:58 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,360,499 times
What's sauerbraten?

Old 09-17-2009, 01:13 PM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
What's sauerbraten?

German pot roast...different taste then regular pot roast

Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
I don't understand why one would shop at a store he or she hates so much?

Anyway, if you want more down-to-earth, try Macy's at Paramus Park Mall. I've lived in Bergen County most of my life and everyone I know here who is down-to-earth (which is most people) knows that Paramus Park is the normal mall and that GSP is to attract the snooty people from all over Northern NJ.

I don't know, I wouldn't go join a country club and then complain that everyone's so snooty; if I wanted to avoid snooty I'd avoid the country club to begin with.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I don't understand why one would shop at a store he or she hates so much?

Anyway, if you want more down-to-earth, try Macy's at Paramus Park Mall. I've lived in Bergen County most of my life and everyone I know here who is down-to-earth (which is most people) knows that Paramus Park is the normal mall and that GSP is to attract the snooty people from all over Northern NJ.

I don't know, I wouldn't go join a country club and then complain that everyone's so snooty; if I wanted to avoid snooty I'd avoid the country club to begin with.
I never shopped there before to be honest I never shop. So thats why I went, my clothes are looking pretty darn ragged. I needed something, however I did not realize how out of place I felt until I was there. You have to understand dear, I was a crack head loser who still has trouble dealing with people. I am one of these people who dont feel comfortable around the fancy stuff. However I hate walmart too, so its just plain easier to not buy clothes.

Join a country club, ohh my that would be funny. They would not take me for a minute. I am way too low class for a country club. What do you do at a country club anyway. I would rather be a loser and hide behind my computer.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 PM

859 posts, read 3,320,998 times
The new Nordstroms in Cherry Hill is always PACKED even on weekdays. Sometimes I just go through to browse. Clearly some people must not be effected by the recession or just throw it all on credit cards.

I barely ever shop at department stores anymore for clothes. I usually stick to NY & Co when they have sales or even Target. And over all, I just shop WAY less than I used to.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:50 PM

102 posts, read 260,986 times
I'm not in dancer shape anymore that's for sure, i'm now a size 8. But i'm working on it, went back to class last week. I never heard of her i danced with the Martha Graham school and Alvin Ailey school of dance. My friends are currently in the Lion King, Donald Byrd, Fame(the movie), Philadanco, the Color Purple, and Alvin Ailey. It was never my profession although i did it well enough, my parents didn't support it as a full time job so i went to college instead. It's always my first love though.

Dancers stay in shape for a simple reason, we're always moving. Moving burn calories. The reason i went from a size 2 while i was dancing to a size 8 now is simply lack of moment. I hate working out but after 20 years of dancing (i started at 3) my workouts of dancing was fun not painful which is what working out is for me. I probably need someone like you as a workout buddy. Glad to hear its doing your body some good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
How nice of you to answer, well the girls customer service were very nice. I just observed the way they were treated, horrible. I could not do their job and they were patient too!

Dont worry im not too messy.

were you a dancer in NYC? Does the name Lada St. Edmunds ring a bell?? That is my trainer now, she was a dancer, the first dancer on Hullabulloo then she was a dancer then she became the first female stunt women in Hollywood, she is the best, I mean Im cut and ripped Im gettin' scarey!! Its great. Thanks so much for the answer, and how do you dancer stay sooo skinny????

Old 09-17-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestlequik View Post
I'm not in dancer shape anymore that's for sure, i'm now a size 8. But i'm working on it, went back to class last week. I never heard of her i danced with the Martha Graham school and Alvin Ailey school of dance. My friends are currently in the Lion King, Donald Byrd, Fame(the movie), Philadanco, the Color Purple, and Alvin Ailey. It was never my profession although i did it well enough, my parents didn't support it as a full time job so i went to college instead. It's always my first love though.

Dancers stay in shape for a simple reason, we're always moving. Moving burn calories. The reason i went from a size 2 while i was dancing to a size 8 now is simply lack of moment. I hate working out but after 20 years of dancing (i started at 3) my workouts of dancing was fun not painful which is what working out is for me. I probably need someone like you as a workout buddy. Glad to hear its doing your body some good.
Its great you like dancing and did it. I was never graceful. Thanks and keep posting its nice to have a graceful women on the board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey