Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 AM

17 posts, read 30,178 times

Advertisements

Here in Dallas we appreciate the gracious way the Giants accepted the win that Tony Romo gave to the Giants. I talked with Tony and found that he really felt the need to help the Giants win since it happens so infrequently. That being said, true competition may still occur in the future but the outcome will be dependant upon the wishes of the Cowboys.
Go Cowboys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 09:29 AM

Truth be known, my wife is the pastor. I was a commercial printer for 42 years. Had my own company for the last 25 years. Sold the company and retired due to health. Go Cowboys!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Default Renting vs buying

We fully intend to rent, not buy. I have a house in Dallas thet I will need to sell before I can move, so the Pastor wife will be in NJ for four to eight months without me. I have many repairs to get done before putting the house on the market.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 AM

Default We will rent apt., or house

Really good information. You obviousy took some time in creating your response. Very kind of you, thanks. We will rent either an apartment or a single or possibly a two family house. A garage for my tools would be preferred. Someplace where I could proudly fly a Dallas Cowboys flag. Okay, leave off the adjective "proudly". The only real fight I want see is on the field.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:59 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,043,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombones49 View Post
Really good information. You obviousy took some time in creating your response. Very kind of you, thanks. We will rent either an apartment or a single or possibly a two family house. A garage for my tools would be preferred. Someplace where I could proudly fly a Dallas Cowboys flag. Okay, leave off the adjective "proudly". The only real fight I want see is on the field.
You're welcome.

Most apartments will not have garages per se. In that instance, you may have to look at a storage facility nearby. I'm not too sure on the garage options on two family houses.

As for the Cowboys flag, As long as it's behind glass, it'll be safe.

Good luck in your search!

Old 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I lived in Iowa my first 28 years. NYC is north of there and has to be colder still. I have spent 32 years in the Dallas area. Yeah, the emoticon gave the correct impression. If nothing else, The TODAY SHOW is a good indicator of the cold weather there. I am looking into Fairlawn at the moment. Thanks for the reply! Your effort is appreciated.
Fair Lawn has a bowling alley -- Brunswick Lanes on Maple Avenue. It's pretty nice. It's a pretty decent town to live in--I was there for a few years and married someone who grew up in Fair Lawn.

They also do have a number of garden apartment complexes as well as condo complexes that might have rentals and some two-family houses. They have a seniors center, as well. One caveat--Fair Lawn is predominantly Jewish and I'm guessing that as a minister, you are not. They won't be open to proselytizing so if you are a member of one of the denominations that thinks they need to be saved, be forewarned (I belonged to an Episcopal parish when I lived in Fair Lawn and they don't believe in trying to convert Jews, so we were OK).

There is good train service into the city, but if you want a 30-minute commute, you'd better live in Jersey City or Bayonne or one of the other towns on the Jersey side of the Hudson.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
It's OK, my brother-in-law is a Cowboys fan and has lived in Jersey his entire life, and no one has shot him yet.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNYYfan View Post
You're welcome.

Most apartments will not have garages per se. In that instance, you may have to look at a storage facility nearby. I'm not too sure on the garage options on two family houses.

As for the Cowboys flag, As long as it's behind glass, it'll be safe.

Good luck in your search!
Back to Fair Lawn--There ARE apartment complexes that have garages you can rent, definitely. I cannot recall the names, but I know there are at least two.

Another place I lived that definitely has garages is Westmount Village in West Paterson, NJ, which just changed its name to Woodland Park but there's a fight on to change it back...it's on the side of a big rock called Garrett Mountain (named for Garrett Hobart, McKinley's first vice president and a Paterson native). There are garages, and a pool, and beautiful sunset views of western Jersey...but you will be in for a shock come winter unless you realized you shoulda bought a four-wheel-drive vehicle before you moved there.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 PM

If I were a minister, I wouldn't move to NJ... I'd move to a small wild west town where the locals would call me "Preacher" and I would inspire them to ask for the Lord's help as they band together and stand up to the land grabbing cattle baron who controls the town through violence and terror! But that's just me... lol

I love this. I want to be the good-hearted Madam who hangs out with the lawmen at the saloon.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If I were a minister, I wouldn't move to NJ... I'd move to a small wild west town where the locals would call me "Preacher" and I would inspire them to ask for the Lord's help as they band together and stand up to the land grabbing cattle baron who controls the town through violence and terror! But that's just me... lol

I love this. I want to be the good-hearted Madam who hangs out with the lawmen at the saloon.
You've got the job. You're going to spend a lot of time with the barkeep who comes across as an ornery cuss but has to be that way because he deals with a lot of scoundrels. All he wants is to do his job. Gamblin's allowed, fightin's tolerated, but NO SHOOTIN' ALLOWED! Shootin' has to be taken outside. And NO CHEATIN'! Cheaters will get run outta town on a rail!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey