Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:51 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
Will you also deprogram your child when he reaches the history unit in elementary school that teaches how the first Thanksgiving was a heartwarming potluck dinner between the Pilgrims and the Indians to celebrate how the white man finally discovered America and was nice enough to invite the Indians to their civilized and bountiful banquet dinner party? They prayed, they ate, they laughed. It was the best of times, it was the best of times. And then afterwards, the merry making and friendship continued with the men folk smoking tobacco from corn cob pipes and the children indulging in jovial amusements such as ring toss and pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey.
yes. for me, id want my kids to know the truth. i can tell that for you its important to include anything anti-american in their indoctrination that they can.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:52 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i remember back in school, whenever we discussed any kind of international problems the right answer was supposed to be to get the United Nations involved. now that im not an ignorant child, i know that the United Nations is no more than a group of corrupt third world terrorists. we also covered how terrible global warming was and other bs leftist topics.

its easier to teach a child that you tell the teacher what they want to hear to get the A's. i will be sure to deprogram my child regularly so that they dont buy into the garbage they are being taught.

Very sorry you feel this way. The UN in theory is a great idea, sad it doesnt work very well. Maybe you can help me understand why certain countries are invaded for breaking resolutions while other in the same part of the world are just ignored? Seems odd if you asked me.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Very sorry you feel this way. The UN in theory is a great idea, sad it doesnt work very well. Maybe you can help me understand why certain countries are invaded for breaking resolutions while other in the same part of the world are just ignored? Seems odd if you asked me.
its not odd. its a jungle out there. who can afford to invade every country that is breaking resolutions? is it responsible for our government to waste taxpayer money on efforts that dont stand to benefit our nation one bit? as far as american is concerned, we should be invading countries that pose a threat to us. UN resolutions are completely meaningless as is the existence of the UN.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:59 AM

783 posts, read 2,022,370 times
Quote:
Will you also deprogram your child when he reaches the history unit in elementary school that teaches how the first Thanksgiving was a heartwarming potluck dinner between the Pilgrims and the Indians to celebrate how the white man finally discovered America and was nice enough to invite the Indians to their civilized and bountiful banquet dinner party? They prayed, they ate, they laughed. It was the best of times, it was the best of times. And then afterwards, the merry making and friendship continued with the men folk smoking tobacco from corn cob pipes and the children indulging in jovial amusements such as ring toss and pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey.
Well, you've clearly exaggerated...but was the first Thanksgiving not peaceful? Are you suggesting that the Pilgrims slaughtered the Natives and then ate pumpkin pie to celebrate? Were the Pilgrims not a very religious group that prayed for the harvest? What are you trying to say here?

Old 09-25-2009, 08:59 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yes. for me, id want my kids to know the truth. i can tell that for you its important to include anything anti-american in their indoctrination that they can.
What are you saying "yes" to? And can you expand on this "truth"? And what is anti-American? I, by the way, have not advocated anything "anti-American" or supported any "indoctrination" of the children in this thread. All you're doing is bellowing, belly aching and throwing around terms, and you have nothing intelligent or interesting to say when somebody calls you out on your point of view. Please enlighten us. What is this "truth"?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
What are you saying "yes" to? And can you expand on this "truth"? And what is anti-American? I, by the way, have not advocated anything "anti-American" or supported any "indoctrination" of the children in this thread. All you're doing is bellowing, belly aching and throwing around terms, and you have nothing intelligent or interesting to say when somebody calls you out on your point of view. Please enlighten us. What is this "truth"?
i am saying yes that i will deprogram them if they are taught a sugar coated version of our relationship with the natives.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
First of all, I think we are giving too much credit to this teacher, or whoever's idea it was to have Obama Music Time in the auditorium. Do you really think that these teachers are smart enough to secretly be some evil geniuses that want to indoctrinate the youth of America?
i stopped reading here because the point was so silly. who thinks that it requires an "evil genius" to spew liberal propaganda to school children?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:05 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
I would object to my kids singing this in school. Politics aside I am bothered by the mmm mmm mmm Barack line. It sounds very inappropriate to say mmm mmm mmm before the President's name...what are they going to do...eat him?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
I would object to my kids singing this in school. Politics aside I am bothered by the mmm mmm mmm Barack line. It sounds very inappropriate to say mmm mmm mmm before the President's name...what are they going to do...eat him?
haha barack hussein obama, hes mmm mmm good!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:16 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Well, you've clearly exaggerated...but was the first Thanksgiving not peaceful? Are you suggesting that the Pilgrims slaughtered the Natives and then ate pumpkin pie to celebrate? Were the Pilgrims not a very religious group that prayed for the harvest? What are you trying to say here?
Yes, congratulations. You got it. I clearly exaggerated the already exaggerated happy fun time portrayal of the first Thanksgiving in elementary school textbooks. It was, absolutely for the most part peaceful, but young children are spoonfed a simplified version of the events and not given the full context of the history surrounding it. And guess what? That's fine. They are young children and need to be introduced to topics gradually, and fed information in digestible portions.

When educators want to show an Obama speech about studying hard and trying your best in school, it's the same thing. You're introducing the idea of a new president to kids. Before we had that president, now we have this one. Sometimes, the president addresses the nation. This is a presidential speech. This is what a presidential speech sounds and looks like. That's ALL that was, and people lost their damn minds.

As far as Burlington County, it was Black History month (mere weeks after the inauguration, no less) and Obama is the first black president. That's what that song was meant to be about. Again, people are up in arms.

What is this "indoctrination" of children that's going down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey