U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,946 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
I grew up in Randolph, NJ, but moved away after high school. I am now back after 10 great years in Chicago. I am staying at my father's in Randolph while i try to find a place to live that i can afford and will make me happy. I like the downtown atmosphere of Westfield and possibly Cranford as they remind me a tiny bit of city living...which I miss from Chicago.

Anyway, I need any info you can give me about rentals in Westfield and or Cranford. Not only apartment complexes...but rentals in homes, coach houses, buildings, downtown, etc. Besides looking at Craigslist everyday...where else can I find current rental info. I would love to live close to or IN the downtown area.

Thank you so much!
Lisa
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 07:25 PM

2,158 posts, read 4,078,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llworldtour View Post
Hi all!
I grew up in Randolph, NJ, but moved away after high school. I am now back after 10 great years in Chicago. I am staying at my father's in Randolph while i try to find a place to live that i can afford and will make me happy. I like the downtown atmosphere of Westfield and possibly Cranford as they remind me a tiny bit of city living...which I miss from Chicago.

Anyway, I need any info you can give me about rentals in Westfield and or Cranford. Not only apartment complexes...but rentals in homes, coach houses, buildings, downtown, etc. Besides looking at Craigslist everyday...where else can I find current rental info. I would love to live close to or IN the downtown area.

Thank you so much!
Lisa
Hi Lisa,

First off, if you can afford either of these towns, kudos to you. They're both wonderful and both have lively downtowns (Westfield arguarbly more so) but both are really expensive. I spent part of my childhood in Cranford where I still have family now, and it's just a great town. Their downtown is great. Both towns have the feel of a mini city, which I sense is what you're looking for.

Anyway, you might want to try apartments.com to get an idea of what else is out there. Other than that, you might want to check the local newspapers like the Cranford Chronicle: Cranford Chronicle | New Jersey Online Newspaper - NJ.com
Maybe that will help, if not maybe the Newark Star Ledger might have something.

Do you have a particular budget in mind? I understand the desire to live in a downtown area (where I live now is located in a downtown area so I understand the appeal), but keep in mind the closer you are the more expensive it will be. You might also be able to find a condo for rent, if you budget allows of course!

Even if you don't end up living downtown, keep in mind that both towns have beautiful, walkable neighborhoods that you shouldn't rule out.

Good luck!
- Mike
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey