Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2007, 05:20 AM

79 posts, read 498,712 times

Advertisements

Hi All-

My family and I are looking to purchase, right now we live in Washington township in Gloucester County,NJ and we like it here but these homes are so expensive.( overpriced if you asked me ) We found a new community of homes( single family & townhomes) being built in Greenwich township, with this particular builder, and I wanted to know if anyone had any experiences good or bad they can share it with me.

I checked on many website and couldn't find any complaints ( which is a good thing)- I couldn't find anything about them as far as what homeowners thought about them..

Any websites I can research them on or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Maria
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 05:36 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown29 View Post
Hi All-

My family and I are looking to purchase, right now we live in Washington township in Gloucester County,NJ and we like it here but these homes are so expensive.( overpriced if you asked me ) We found a new community of homes( single family & townhomes) being built in Greenwich township, with this particular builder, and I wanted to know if anyone had any experiences good or bad they can share it with me.

I checked on many website and couldn't find any complaints ( which is a good thing)- I couldn't find anything about them as far as what homeowners thought about them..

Any websites I can research them on or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Maria
I don't have any first hand experience with KHov (that's who you mean, right? Not J.S. Hov?), but I'm curious. You live in Gloucester Cnty now, are you moving to Greenwich Twsp in Warren Cnty or is there another? I'd find it hard to believe Greenwich in Warren is less expensive than Gloucester Cnty. Sorry, just being nosey.

I see lots of KHov homes around me, and in my opinion, looks-wise, they're just "eh". Seems like they fancy having garages stick out really far from the front of the house (except in really, really high end homes) which seems weird to me.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:27 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I don't have any first hand experience with KHov (that's who you mean, right? Not J.S. Hov?), but I'm curious.
They're not the same company. K. Hovnanian is one of the 10 largest builders in the country, while J.S. Hovnanian is a small, local builder. I believe they're related, but I can't recall the exact relationship at the moment. They're definitely two completely separate firms that operate in entirely different worlds.

Bob

Old 05-04-2007, 06:33 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,203,313 times
Quote:
I don't have any first hand experience with KHov (that's who you mean, right? Not J.S. Hov?), but I'm curious. You live in Gloucester Cnty now, are you moving to Greenwich Twsp in Warren Cnty or is there another? I'd find it hard to believe Greenwich in Warren is less expensive than Gloucester Cnty. Sorry, just being nosey.

I see lots of KHov homes around me, and in my opinion, looks-wise, they're just "eh". Seems like they fancy having garages stick out really far from the front of the house (except in really, really high end homes) which seems weird to me.
actually there are 2 companies usuing the HOV name, there's KHOV and VSHOV, same family very different companies.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
They're not the same company. K. Hovnanian is one of the 10 largest builders in the country, while J.S. Hovnanian is a small, local builder. I believe they're related, but I can't recall the exact relationship at the moment. They're definitely two completely separate firms that operate in entirely different worlds.

Bob
learn something new everyday. i googled them, and alas, there it is. they are in southwestern NJ, which explains my ignorance.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
actually there are 2 companies usuing the HOV name, there's KHOV and VSHOV, same family very different companies.

curious....why are they "very different"?

Old 05-04-2007, 08:29 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,203,313 times
Quote:
curious....why are they "very different"?
other than the fact they are in the home building business and are relatives they have little to do with each other. the facts are that they are seperate and distinct companies build different types of projects in different places. khov is a larger more national firm, the other is a smaller local builder.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM

Tahiti-

Greenwich twnshp is in Gloucester cnty.....Its a little further south.
As far as the builder: They are different from Khov. Khov is a bigger co. and JSHov are smaller. I just don't know too much about them and how well their homes are built.
My Dh and I are planning on visiting another of their community to see if we can find a homeowner outside their yard and maybe I can asked them some questions about their experiences. (I hope I don't scared them off)

Old 05-04-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown29 View Post
Tahiti-

Greenwich twnshp is in Gloucester cnty.....Its a little further south.
As far as the builder: They are different from Khov. Khov is a bigger co. and JSHov are smaller. I just don't know too much about them and how well their homes are built.
My Dh and I are planning on visiting another of their community to see if we can find a homeowner outside their yard and maybe I can asked them some questions about their experiences. (I hope I don't scared them off)
here's a thread - how many townships in NJ have the same name? we've got about a zillion Washingtons, 2 Greenwichs (so far), 2 Dovers, 2 Mansfields, a few Franklins, and I'm sure there's more. The forefathers were pretty unoriginal

Old 05-04-2007, 12:16 PM

I agree.......they couldn't think of new town names
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey