U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 PM

5 posts, read 17,036 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends

I am from India and recently being offered a job in Piscataway .

Could somebody please reply to my Questions as i am planning to move with my wife and two kids (6 & 3 years )

My office is going to be on Old New Brunswick Rd.

> Living expenses and taxes applicable there.
>Rentals for a one bedroom apartment.
>can i find a apartment on Old New Brunswick Rd so that i stay close to office and is walking from apartment to office.

Some body willing to share his contact no so that i can call up and find more.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 12:04 PM

31 posts, read 216,075 times
A couple of things:

1. No one is going to rent you a one bedroom for 4 people. In NJ the law is 2 people maximum per bedroom.
2. Try CraigsList http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sear...ery=piscataway
3. There are a couple of apartment complexes near by... Pleasantview Gardens, Royal Gardens, Carlton Club. You do not want to get an apt on River Road because it floods (or at least get a 2nd flr apt). Expect to spend about $1100+/1 bdrm apt.
4. You will need a car. Because Piscataway doesn't have many buses running through and biking/walking is dangerous on many of the roads around Old New Brunswick Rd.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey