Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:02 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
You have no clue, do you? You obviously think all municipal jobs can be done by trained monkeys. The reality of that is completely opposite.

And education level has nothing to do with intelligence.

Try dealing with taxpayers on a daily basis as your paying job. I've love to see you dropped into the Tax Collector's Office, the City Clerk's Office, the City Council Office, the Building Department or the Health Department in any medium-to-large municipality here in NJ for just one week. Try dealing with taxpayers on a daily basis as your paying job.

Taxpayers have complaints ranging from the trivial to the serious -- and you're the front line of defense, whether on the phone or in person. You're the one who has to listen to tirades and profanity (with the occasional physical threat to your person), as well as tears, hard-luck stories, and genuinely awful situations. You do your best to help, and quite often, you can't -- or you have your efforts thrown back in your face.

Frankly, from your posts here, you're not temperamentally suited. By the end of that week -- probably long before -- you'd run screaming home.
kathy is suggesting only her and her fellow trained monkey government employees are the only ones doing customer service? if what you get from the government could ever be considered customer service.

oh i like how she differentiated education level with intelligence. im sure the government is iq testing their employees and only hiring the brightest. education level is what matters kathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 01:19 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,893,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
kathy is suggesting only her and her fellow trained monkey government employees are the only ones doing customer service? if what you get from the government could ever be considered customer service.

oh i like how she differentiated education level with intelligence. im sure the government is iq testing their employees and only hiring the brightest. education level is what matters kathy.
Since you can't refute the facts, you spew insults. Play your little head games with someone else, because I won't bite. Buh-bye, now.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Since you can't refute the facts, you spew insults. Play your little head games with someone else, because I won't bite. Buh-bye, now.
what facts are you talking about? if you want to claim to be dishing out facts, then cite them. otherwise you are just giving your opinion.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 PM

250 posts, read 563,160 times
Default Thats a joke

Highly impossible bruv!!

Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if what you get from the government could ever be considered customer service.
Seriously. And the worst offenders are the lower levels of government.

But hey, no competition. And Pensions for everyone!!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Seriously. And the worst offenders are the lower levels of government.

But hey, no competition. And Pensions for everyone!!!!
yeah, you will hold for hours because you have no place else to go. the government monopoly costs us more than any private monopoly ever would. to top it all off, you get to be given bad attitude and poor answers by an obnoxious angry person like kathy.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:46 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
My question is...................... Why do the people of New Jersey NEVER, EVER discuss the fact that we pay the most in FEDERAL tax dollars & get the least back?
On top of our own problems; we are subsidizing the "welfare states" who have the nerve to generally dislike us for who we are.
You're right.

Why not ask our 2 democrat state senators?

Old 09-30-2009, 04:27 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
It's quite simple, really; only 10 steps:

1. Get rid of Corzine
2. Fire 80% of all police
3. Fire 80% of all teachers
4. Cut other school spending by 80%
5. Cut property taxes by 80%
6. Cut corporate taxes by 80%
7. Cut funding of all state colleges and universities by 80%, except Rutgers which we cut by 98%
8. Fire 90% of government workers and eliminate 100% of housing codes, permits, regulations, etc.
9. Let everyone have a gun so they can do their own protection and justice and we can then eliminate all the courts except maybe 3, one for North Jersey, one for Central Jersey, and one for South Jersey
10. Use commie government for only one rule, to cap the price of housing, so the middle class doesn't all have to move to North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, and other points unknown, because "Housing is too expensive in commie Jersey "

See? 10 simple steps to Nirvana Jersey!

Wrong.

I say "stay the course".

Raising the cost of government will help us get rid of more of the lower paid riff-raff that feel they belong here.

As long as we retain just enough of them to serve us, there will be more NJ for those of us that belong here.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 PM

34 posts, read 126,540 times
This state is full of complainers. That's all they do on these message boards...just cry and whine.

You live in a state that has one of the highest graduation rates in the nation for high school students and a state that is a leader in sending most of their students to college....but you want to cut teachers. That makes sense. No one is ever at the forefront saying thanks to our teachers for the aforementioned but the moment you hear they're receiving a 3% salary increase everyone wants to go grab their pitchforks. Where were these clowns discussing teacher salary increases during the economic boom times like say from '02-'06 when teachers were getting their tiny 2.5%-3% annual raises and many in the private sector were getting 10%-20% (or even greater) raises.

Also, why cut the police force? Once crime goes up, the first thing people will be crying for is more police protection.

Yes this state needs a lot of work to get rid of much of the garbage but this war that has been declared on teachers' and police officers' salaries is ridiculous. I admire both of those professions for what they do because I know I don't have the guts to do it...and many of the whiners on these message boards don't either.

And these dopes forget once schools and crime start slipping then the value of your house (which it seems like the most important thing to many on these boards) will begin to drop.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:32 AM

555 posts, read 1,654,050 times
Quote:
You have no clue, do you? You obviously think all municipal jobs can be done by trained monkeys. The reality of that is completely opposite.

And education level has nothing to do with intelligence.

Try dealing with taxpayers on a daily basis as your paying job. I've love to see you dropped into the Tax Collector's Office, the City Clerk's Office, the City Council Office, the Building Department or the Health Department in any medium-to-large municipality here in NJ for just one week. Try dealing with taxpayers on a daily basis as your paying job.

Taxpayers have complaints ranging from the trivial to the serious -- and you're the front line of defense, whether on the phone or in person. You're the one who has to listen to tirades and profanity (with the occasional physical threat to your person), as well as tears, hard-luck stories, and genuinely awful situations. You do your best to help, and quite often, you can't -- or you have your efforts thrown back in your face.

Frankly, from your posts here, you're not temperamentally suited. By the end of that week -- probably long before -- you'd run screaming home.
*chuckles* Silly silly Kathy... I grew up in the midwest where customer service still means something. In fact, I worked Customer Service at a grocery store for 2 years while in college... the sort of store where people from the projects could take a bus to it... some very entertaining time. I'm VERY good at putting a smile on my face while being yelled at by an idiot.

Could I do the job you described? Absolutely! But see, here's the funny thing. Being that I was also capable of doing other jobs, of gaining additional skills, I am choosing not to. I'm choosing to do something different, more specialized, and something that not everyone is capable of doing which allows me to command a salary significantly higher than the one for the position you described.

As for trained monkeys... I'm relatively sure you can train a monkey to tolerate stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey