U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,711,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
Cory Booker needs to stop wasting time on the interwebz and concentrate on running Newark. This guy has a corybooker.com website, a corybooker blog, a corybooker Twitter, a corybooker Facebook, a corybooker YouTube channel...and they are ALL updated regularly. In fact, he twitters (tweets?) constantly!

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a City Data account. I bet he's secretly a regular here, and we don't know it.

Seriously, Cory Booker...you are the Mayor of Newark...not some nobody sitting in the middle of a cubicle farm. You shouldn't be wasting all this time on the internet. Get back to work, slacker!
At least he seems like a decent, honest guy. The last mayor probably spent more time vacationing at his waterfront home in Brick Twp. than in the city of Newark. I actually think it's good to get "Tweets" from public officials. Shows they have a human side and aren't totally robotic. I think Booker is genuinely doing his best - but honestly, I think given the populace of that city and its propensity for criminal activity over a few generations now, it will take more than one mayor to fix it up. You pretty much need to knock down neighborhoods and rebuild them in order to get any real change.

As much as I hate Hoboken-esque yuppies, that's what Newark needs.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 10:02 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,454,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
This is clearly an abuse of power.
This is clearly a grab for national exposure. Booker will wind up getting a seat next to Conan on the show for a mock resolution of their differences, -- that seat will enable Booker to promote his image and his ideas to a national audience (without the sound of Newark gunfire behind him!).

All part of the political rescue strategy to move Booker out of Newark and further up the political food chain.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:08 AM

2,161 posts, read 4,522,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
funny, i was just about to say that the guy should worry about his job and not making stupid videos.
Wow. That's the power of Cory Booker. He can make me agree with CaptainNJ. If Cory Booker can do that, he can do anything. Conan better watch his back.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:11 AM

2,161 posts, read 4,522,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
At least he seems like a decent, honest guy. The last mayor probably spent more time vacationing at his waterfront home in Brick Twp. than in the city of Newark.
Actually, I agree with you on this. I'll take a tweeting Cory Booker over Sharpe James, Ken Gibson or Hugh Addonizio any day.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,208,883 times
You could totally tell the Mayor was joking, this was done in good fun. He's just giving back Conan some of his own medicine. I thought it was funny but I can see why ppl would get annoyed by a mayor who spends all his time Twittering.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:20 AM

835 posts, read 1,063,770 times
Wow Conan slammed back: Conan O'Brien invites Newark Mayor Cory Booker on Tonight Show to settle differences | New Jersey Real-Time News - - NJ.com

pretty funny

Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
At least he seems like a decent, honest guy. The last mayor probably spent more time vacationing at his waterfront home in Brick Twp. than in the city of Newark. I actually think it's good to get "Tweets" from public officials. Shows they have a human side and aren't totally robotic. I think Booker is genuinely doing his best - but honestly, I think given the populace of that city and its propensity for criminal activity over a few generations now, it will take more than one mayor to fix it up. You pretty much need to knock down neighborhoods and rebuild them in order to get any real change.

As much as I hate Hoboken-esque yuppies, that's what Newark needs.
Not to mention the sharpe james bentley, I was at a pit stop on the turnpike and james and his entourage came in and rolled up in Bentleys smoking cigars.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
This is clearly a grab for national exposure. Booker will wind up getting a seat next to Conan on the show for a mock resolution of their differences, -- that seat will enable Booker to promote his image and his ideas to a national audience (without the sound of Newark gunfire behind him!).

All part of the political rescue strategy to move Booker out of Newark and further up the political food chain.

Duh or maybe get national exposure to the way things are changing in newark and get more developers and financers interested in the city? Booker ain't going anywhere you Sharpe James cronie, he had a chance to join Obama's team and he turned it down

Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 AM

19,599 posts, read 14,059,032 times
Default good humor all around

Newark didn't look so good in CB's youtube bit with the 'Newark resident' being held back as if he was going to physically harm someone.

That pretty much sums up Newark.

CB should get as riled up over Newark's crime as he does about the humor it generates.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:58 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,290,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post

Meh.

I'm a conspiracy nut, but I won't follow the tin foil hat crowd, around this time. I don't think Booker, needs a late-night host, in order for him to move up in Politics, he has all ready proven he can handle his own.

Booker is a smart guy ( Rhodes Scholar ), he know who, how, and where, to pick a "fight". It is just jokes these two are throwing out. Who knows, we might be the ones these two are laughing at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey