Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 12:58 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Meh.

I'm a conspiracy nut, but I won't follow the tin foil hat crowd, around this time. I don't think Booker, needs a late-night host, in order for him to move up in Politics, he has all ready proven he can handle his own.

Booker is a smart guy ( Rhodes Scholar ), he know who, how, and where, to pick a "fight". It is just jokes these two are throwing out. Who knows, we might be the ones these two are laughing at.
i dont think this is a conspiracy theory. to me, its obvious. he is make professional videos in response to late night talk show jokes. the guy wants attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 02:50 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
What upsets me about the residents of my beloved Garden State is you cut your noses off to spite your face.
All the Repubs constantly complain about dumping tax money into Newark. You hate that Newark has a high volume of crime & poverty. When someone comes along with a passion to change all of that, you cut him down as well.
Booker is attempting to gain national exposure for Newark. Like another poster said, to obtain investment for the city.
Cory Booker is the best asset Newark has. Why not show it off?
He will go on Conan & espouse the virtues of NWK, its reduction in crime, its great location for business relocation, ect, ect.
How could Booker being in the national spotlight be a bad thing for Newark? He already said he's running for another term.
Some of you really are depressing, negative individuals.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:52 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
What upsets me about the residents of my beloved Garden State is you cut your noses off to spite your face.
All the Repubs constantly complain about dumping tax money into Newark. You hate that Newark has a high volume of crime & poverty. When someone comes along with a passion to change all of that, you cut him down as well.
Booker is attempting to gain national exposure for Newark. Like another poster said, to obtain investment for the city.
He will go on Conan & espouse the virtues of NWK, its reduction in crime, its great location for business relocation, ect, ect.
How could Booker being in the national spotlight be a bad thing for Newark? He already said he's running for another term.

No need to create "national exposure", it already has a reputation, and it consistently live up to it.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:59 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ
i dont think this is a conspiracy theory. to me, its obvious. he is make professional videos in response to late night talk show jokes. the guy wants attention.
Making Professional videos? Dude, it's just Youtube.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
because i care about tax money, not newark. i dont think its the place of politicians to become television personalities. he is probably more interested in a tv gig than more investment in newark.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Making Professional videos? Dude, it's just Youtube.
what does that mean? it was posted on youtube where it gets exposure to countless millions. it wasnt made with a handycam. i wonder how much money was spent on the video and who paid for it.

and why are you calling me a dude? i thought people stopped using that word.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 PM

835 posts, read 1,180,136 times
Booker responds again and takes a cheap shot to the head: Newark Mayor Cory Booker bans Conan O'Brien from N.J. | New Jersey Real-Time News - - NJ.com

Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
No need to create "national exposure", it already has a reputation, and it consistently live up to it.
So does East NY, Bedsty, Coney Island, Brownsville, so on & so on.......
Go away.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 PM

861 posts, read 2,717,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post
Booker seems to have A LOT of free time on his hands.....
And since when does his "jurisdiction" spread to the entire state anyway?
I get that it's just a joke, but is he really in a position to sit around playing jokes all day?

Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
because i care about tax money, not newark.
That does NOT surprise me one little bit.
This is exactly what I was talking about with the cutting your nose off to spite your face. If Newark were to pick itself up......................... Wait for it........................... Wait for it....................... It would not need your tax money!!!!!!!!!!
You just want to dislike the city of Newark for reasons that are quite obvious to anyone who has seem your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey