Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Of course he'd discuss it with Rove. If I felt like running for governor and had the opportunity to talk to one of the most successful political advisers of all time, I would too! Like I said, I'd take Rove over all of the union cronies and "community organizers" of the North Jersey Democrat machine that Corzine aligns himself with. Karl Rove was never responsible for raising my taxes or ruining my state - Corzine's pals were all in on it, however.

The bottom line is that we need to rid ourselves of Corzine and his corrupt, Democrat machine powered by union lackeys and other seedy folks like them that have no goal but extracting as much tax money out of the pockets of New Jerseyans as humanly possible. And sorry, but Chris Dagget (whose plan is to raise one tax to pay to lower another) doesn't have a chance, nor a clue.
Dude................. Neo Cons are disliked by old school fiscal Repubs as well as Dems.
I suggest you really study up on the policies & objectives of Neo Cons.
It will be an eye opener for you.
I think you are getting your conservative ideologies all mixed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:16 PM

636 posts, read 1,423,680 times
If you don't like neo-cons, fine. But clearly, Corzine is not worthy of a vote. Go third party.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:22 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
I think will Daggett will spin off votes from Christie, Corzine will win the election aided by the spin-off and under Corzine's watch NJ will continue on it's current path towards fiscal responsibility, robust private sector job growth and an ever growing middle class.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,584,927 times
Daggett shocked me as being totally out of touch as he mentioned the possibility of raising tolls like it was just another consideration. Any two bit fool would be smarter than that. If roads needed to be repaired an across the board gas tax is always easier and fairer and does not contribute to the useless patronage mill of toll roads. this is not Delaware where the locals can bypass one toll in the state that the out of staters on I-95 pay $4 for.

Christie turned the medical marijuana question into a law enforcement statement. Another stupid move. I can't vote for Corzine but the other guy better get with the program here or else we might just get what we can't stand already.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:53 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,953,679 times
I got a mailer from Corzine yesterday and it was an attack ad against Christie and the big focus of it was that "Christie thinks early preschool education is just babysitting!"

And I was like, Yeah, it is! Thanks for letting me know that about Christie!

And then he goes into this spiel about how he put more money into early childhood education, and I'm like, where? Not in this town.

He might want to think about differentiating his flyers.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:39 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,274,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Christie is a friend of Karl Rove. That is no friend of mine.
As a democrat, I must admit something needs to change, but Christie is not it.
An old school fiscal conservative is what NJ needs right now (shhh, don't tell anyone I said that).
However, I will never, ever vote for a Neo-Con.
I don't follow what the policy implications of him being an alleged "Neo-Con" are. Are you concerned that NJ might invade NY, PA or some other neighboring state ? It seems like a long shot. The policy platform he's running on does look like an "old school fiscal conservative" one to me.

Then again, I suppose I wouldn't put this completely past Wolfowitz or Cheney if they were running ...

Old 10-02-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
And I was like,
Uh-oh. Lucky shoes' account was broken into by her 12 year old daughter ...

Old 10-02-2009, 07:16 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,953,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Uh-oh. Lucky shoes' account was broken into by her 12 year old daughter ...
Oh go stick it where the sun don't shine elford, you freaking snob.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:59 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Default NJ electorates' chronic pathology Dx'd by JC's re-election

How sad!

NJ is afflicted with chronic wasting disease as confirmed by JC's re-election.

Like the abused that tragically continue to seek out new abusers, NJ voters find comfort in the predictability of disfunctional situations.

As has been demonstrated in previous posts, the election of NJ's governor will hinge on national issues and associations as well as local issues. An association with Karl Rove is as defeating as is an association with Obama.

JC and his cronies are best summed up by their official announcement that they put an end to political corruption in the form of dual office holders. That announcement conveys with absolute clarity that the corruption that the bill prevents is despicable and will not be tolerated. What is intentionally not stated, is that it grandfathers in many current office holders and applies only to newly elected officials. Why would those details be left out of an official communication replete with supporting testimonies from other elected officals bearing the same D after their names?

It is this poorly constructed...... by design...... illusional foundation of trust, that makes further design discussions a moot point. Dealing with a crooked contractor is a losing proposition. Find a new one or sit back and enjoy the predictability another 4 years of JC will bring.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Oh go stick it where the sun don't shine elford, you freaking snob.
Nah, to be a real "snob", you need to actually look down on someone -- whether it's renters, single mothers, people who live in Abbott districts, people who don't live in suburbs, or whatever. Sure, there are plenty of snobs around here, but I'm not one of them.

I don't actually look down on those who write like valley girls, but I'm certainly not above laughing at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey