Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:10 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patcity017 View Post
"BergenCountyJohnny" you need to take a chill pill. If people want to leave NJ, then let them. HUMANS complain, it's in our nature. You speak as if you have never complained about anything! You also seem to think that the property tax bills are OKAY in NJ. They're not, and at the percentage rate they have been increasing, my grandfather's house in Lodi will have gone from ($2,250 in 1989)($3,100 in 1999) to ($7,400 in 2009) to a projected cost of ($15,800 in 2019) and ($31,800 in 2029!) WHERE DOES IT STOP? I understand that the cost of living and salaries increase over the period of a decade, but it's getting out of hand.
There are complaints that serve a purpose, such as to remedy a problematic situation. For example, taking a broken item back to a store to complain that it broke when it shouldn't have in order to have them fix the situation by giving you a new one or a refund.

Then there is complaining which is nothing more than whining. For example, when a 4-year-old wants cookies for dinner and irrationally demands it and throws a tantrum even though he knows full well that his parents will make him finish his normal dinner before he can have any cookies. That's whining.

What goes on here is whining; it's just endless complaining whereby people blame everything other than themselves for their misery. Everything is the fault of someone or something else. It's Corzine's fault, or high taxes' fault, or the rude people's fault, or congestion's fault, waahh waaaahh waahhhh . Ridiculous.

Where does it stop? It doesn't. You don't like it, leave. Find me a state where the taxes have "stopped" going up, I'd like to know what state that is. And when you find it, move there. You'd be a moron to stay someplace you hate.

Quote:
We have TOO MANY layers of government. In the early 20th century, every Tom,Dick, and Harry decided they wanted to create their own "borough or township" which totally FU*KED a lot of things up. We are paying for it now. Why do we need 70 police departments in Bergen County? That's 10 million dollars just to pay the Chief's of all the Unnecessary police departments that we have here. What's wrong with regionalization? County level services. Why do we need 500+ school districts in the state? Explain that one "Johnny"? It's unnecessary, and YOU know it. This is an example of PART of the PROBLEM that drives up the cost of living, and property tax bills in our state.
We do it because people want it and vote for it. Every few years, there is some small group that pushes for our town to get rid of our high school and regionalize, and every time it's put to any kind of vote it is shot down. Just this past Tuesday, the town voted overwhelmingly to approve over $10 million in improvements to the schools. So, to answer your question, it's what people want. If it is wasteful, as you claim, it doesn't matter, because that's what the majority of people want, so that's what they support and get.

If you want to live where the majority of people don't feel that way then find someplace where people feel as you do and move there. Why is that so hard? Take some responsibility for your life. So many people all of a sudden feel that they are entitled to have their way even when they're in the minority. It doesn't work that way. If or when the day comes that I find my town has changed to the point that I don't like it anymore, I'll find someplace more to my liking. That's all. That's life - things change, places change, you have to make your own life, not sit back and complain about the things you allow to happen to you and live in misery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 04:33 AM

312 posts, read 1,163,675 times
I'm with BergenCountyJohnny. I am sick of seeing people flood this board with constant whining about NJ and about their crappy jobs and lifestyle. Maybe instead of spending hours on a message board finding things to complain about these people should be spending that time doing something constructive like finding a way to improve their lives. BergenCountyJohnny is probably right. They are probably too lazy to do that. It is much easier to complain than to actually do something.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:38 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,654,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
If you're so happy where you are, then why are you here to whine about and bash NJ??? Obviously you have NJ on your mind and it's not fondness, but bitterness. Why? What's your damage?
I wasn't whining, I was stating my opinion, which is one of the purposes of this site. I still visit friends and family in NJ and lived there many years. The title of this thread was about moving from Morris County, which is where we lived.

You exemplify the "spirit" of the way NJ has changed with your rude and arrogant posts. YOU are a typical example of why people have left. Your attitude that the NJ Threads should be limited to people living in NJ only shows people from out of state who read this another reason to bash NJ.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 AM

6 posts, read 37,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I wasn't whining, I was stating my opinion, which is one of the purposes of this site. I still visit friends and family in NJ and lived there many years. The title of this thread was about moving from Morris County, which is where we lived.

You exemplify the "spirit" of the way NJ has changed with your rude and arrogant posts. YOU are a typical example of why people have left. Your attitude that the NJ Threads should be limited to people living in NJ only shows people from out of state who read this another reason to bash NJ.
I was also stating my "opinion", Johnny. Some of your information is innaccurate. If you live in a town that has 20,000 people living in it, and only 15 percent of the registered voters come out to vote, how is that considered the "majority"? So 8 percent of the town votes to approve the school improvements, and according to Johnny we have a large majority folks! Wrong.

It's wrong on behalf of the people that they don't come out to the polls. It's lazy, and it's stupid NOT to vote on things that are happening in your community.

Voter turnout is always low in these types of elections. I could flood the posts with statistics, but I'm not going to waste my time.

As far as taxes go, YES THEY WILL ALWAYS BE INCREASING. I don't have a problem with a GRADUAL INCREASE, that is up to par with the inflation of income's etc...But to increase the property tax bills over 50 -60% in one decade is ridiculous. Liberal J/O's are f*cking this state and country up, and leaving our future generations buried in debt. That's also my OPINION, pricko.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:15 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,654,623 times
If BergenCountyJohnny is so happy with NJ, I suggest he run for office with his posted ideas:

Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny
It's quite simple, really; only 10 steps:

1. Get rid of Corzine
2. Fire 80% of all police
3. Fire 80% of all teachers
4. Cut other school spending by 80%
5. Cut property taxes by 80%
6. Cut corporate taxes by 80%
7. Cut funding of all state colleges and universities by 80%, except Rutgers which we cut by 98%
8. Fire 90% of government workers and eliminate 100% of housing codes, permits, regulations, etc.
9. Let everyone have a gun so they can do their own protection and justice and we can then eliminate all the courts except maybe 3, one for North Jersey, one for Central Jersey, and one for South Jersey
10. Use commie government for only one rule, to cap the price of housing, so the middle class doesn't all have to move to North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, and other points unknown, because "Housing is too expensive in commie Jersey "

See? 10 simple steps to Nirvana Jersey!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Of course you whined, and of course your whiney post was in line with the OP which was itself a whine. Yes, you stated your opinion, which is nothing but a mindless, miserable WHINE. You still visit friends and family in NJ??? You must be quite a joy as a visitor, whining and moaning and constantly reminding everyone why you left. I know your type. You show up around the holidays, you start going through all the things that happened to you on your trip that remind you why you left NJ, and you go on to talk about how your new Utopia doesn't have those problems.

You're like my jackass of an uncle who moved to Paramus from Lancaster, who shows up for a visit and says stupid things like, "Wow, we were fine until we got into Jersey on 78, then it was the same old Jersey traffic!...I stopped at 7-11 in Jersey, and you know, the guy hardly talks to you; in Lancaster, the girl at the convenience store always smiles and says "HI, how you folks doin'???", boy I sure am glad to be out of Jersey and in a place where people are friendly!....So how is living in Jersey these days - how can you stand the taxes?...You have so much corruption here, it's not like that where I live!..." on and on and on, and my NJ family just politely sit back and take it, except for my brother and me, who make comments about what an ass he's being. I usually ask him if NJ is so horrible, why did he wait till he retired to move?? He just laughs like a dope and says nothing, because he knows he'd then have to admit that Lancaster sucks in terms of jobs and quality of life for people who have to work; but that usually shuts him up.

Quote:
I hope it is true that I "exemplify the "spirit" of the way NJ has changed with [my] rude and arrogant posts" in situations like this. I hope New Jerseyans have become more defensive of their state and have more pride in their state. I am glad when NJ'ans respond to whiney Jersey-bashing posts like yours.

And when it comes to attitudes, a lesson you and your fellow Jersey-bashing idiots should learn is that the attitudes you GET are often a reflection of the attitudes you EXUDE. I have no doubt in my mind that a-holes like you and the other Jersey-bashing idiots who come here to the New Jersey forum to whine and moan and bash NJ get the rudest and most arrogant attitudes back at you, because you EXUDE that attitude to begin with.

This thread was created with that entire intention, and you and the other idiot Jersey-bashers joined right in with your rude and arrogant attitudes, and as soon as anyone steps up to tell you people off, you whine and cry that we are being "rude and arrogant". Cry me a river

If you took responsibility for yourself you wouldn't have the problems you have. You want to blame everyone around you while ignoring your own crappy attitude which instigates everything.

I go through life in NJ with no problems with anyone in NJ, in my life I encounter very few rude or arrogant people. I see the same number of rude and arrogant people everywhere I go in this nation; it's no different in any place. Most of it comes from the fact that I exude an attitude that is friendly and that's mostly what I get back. When I come across a whiney malcontent like you that gives me the jersey-bashing attitude you give, I return that attitude. The irony is that what I give back usually is no worse than what was given to me by the Jersey-basher (often my response is much milder) but the jersey-basher is quick to whine, "SEE! You have that RUDE Jersey attitude!!"

No, it doesn't work that way. If you are instigating rude responses with your own rude and arrogant opinions then you have no leg to stand on.

Why don't you go to your own crappy state's board and just be happy there??? Why do you have such a mission of bitterness that you come back here over and over to bash our state?

Beat it, jerk.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I was also stating my "opinion", Johnny. Some of your information is innaccurate. If you live in a town that has 20,000 people living in it, and only 15 percent of the registered voters come out to vote, how is that considered the "majority"? So 8 percent of the town votes to approve the school improvements, and according to Johnny we have a large majority folks! Wrong.
What information of mine is inaccurate??? Now you're just making crap up, talking out your ass. What town am I in that has 20,000 people??? You don't even know the population of my town, let alone who turned out. And if people don't show up to vote that's of their own free will, and that's how they choose to voice their view on the issue. Anyone who doesn't vote is giving their approval to the winner by not voting.

Quote:
It's wrong on behalf of the people that they don't come out to the polls. It's lazy, and it's stupid NOT to vote on things that are happening in your community.
No, it's only wrong when the people don't come out to the polls and then later complain about the outcome; if they don't care otherwise, they are implicitly giving approval to and supporting the majority of those who do vote. People are free to vote or not vote. That's what "freedom" is, you commie control freak.

Quote:
Voter turnout is always low in these types of elections. I could flood the posts with statistics, but I'm not going to waste my time.
What was voter turnout in THIS particular election? You have no clue, because you don't even know what town it was. HINT: it wasn't a town of 20,000 people.

Quote:
As far as taxes go, YES THEY WILL ALWAYS BE INCREASING. I don't have a problem with a GRADUAL INCREASE, that is up to par with the inflation of income's etc...But to increase the property tax bills over 50 -60% in one decade is ridiculous. Liberal J/O's are f*cking this state and country up, and leaving our future generations buried in debt. That's also my OPINION, pricko.
Awww, poor baby, waaahhhh it's the liberals, everything is their fault, wahhhh, wahhhh the liberals ruin everything waaaahhh the liberals waaahhhh

Why don't you take off the skirt and stop crying like a litte female dog and take responsibility for your life instead of blaming your boogeyman, "the liberals", for all your misery in life? Stop being a loser and then you won't have to whine so much.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
If BergenCountyJohnny is so happy with NJ, I suggest he run for office with his posted ideas:

Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny
It's quite simple, really; only 10 steps:

1. Get rid of Corzine
2. Fire 80% of all police
3. Fire 80% of all teachers
4. Cut other school spending by 80%
5. Cut property taxes by 80%
6. Cut corporate taxes by 80%
7. Cut funding of all state colleges and universities by 80%, except Rutgers which we cut by 98%
8. Fire 90% of government workers and eliminate 100% of housing codes, permits, regulations, etc.
9. Let everyone have a gun so they can do their own protection and justice and we can then eliminate all the courts except maybe 3, one for North Jersey, one for Central Jersey, and one for South Jersey
10. Use commie government for only one rule, to cap the price of housing, so the middle class doesn't all have to move to North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, and other points unknown, because "Housing is too expensive in commie Jersey "

See? 10 simple steps to Nirvana Jersey!
If you're going to quote me, quote me in context, you buffoon.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:39 AM

127 posts, read 403,854 times
People are moving from NJ for all the reasons that have been brought up on this thread. The bonus to moving out of NJ is not just a financial one.

They get the added bonus of not having to deal with people that hate on you if you don't agree with them. IE... Johnny

Old 10-03-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
People are moving from NJ for all the reasons that have been brought up on this thread. The bonus to moving out of NJ is not just a financial one.

They get the added bonus of not having to deal with people that hate on you if you don't agree with them. IE... Johnny
Yes, they gain the benefit of not having to deal with people who don't just sit back and take their crappy, whiney attitudes which they exude in the first place. They can go whine and be a-holes elsewhere where the locals are still pushovers, until those locals get sick of them and they have to move to a new Utopia.

Notice how a lot of these people whine about NJ and then leave, then can't stay put. They go to Vegas, then Georgia, then Delaware, then NY state, then New Hampshire, then Tennessee, on and on and on, seeking happiness that they'll never find in a PLACE because their hearts are so black with misery and blame.

Yes, they gain that "bonus", if you can call it that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey