Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:28 AM

587 posts, read 2,178,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh28 View Post
I have been disputed a charge with them for 6 months now - FOR LYING and will be filing in court this week.

BUYER BEWARE!
Can you give us more info? What did they lie about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 07:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumra View Post
Can you give us more info? What did they lie about?
you would think sh21 would have thought to include that in the post to begin with.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 AM

166 posts, read 533,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you would think sh21 would have thought to include that in the post to begin with.
I am curious too as to what the charge was for? So far, no additional charges since my closing date. In fact, my mortgage I got through AFMC is now serviced with Chase Bank, which I am happy about since I have an account with them and I can do almost everything online with them, which I love.

Mind you, I knew they sold off mortgages immediately after the loan has been closed on, so this might annoy some people. My coworker who got a loan through them a few years ago is serviced by Wells Fargo soon after closing.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshlee View Post
I am curious too as to what the charge was for? So far, no additional charges since my closing date. In fact, my mortgage I got through AFMC is now serviced with Chase Bank, which I am happy about since I have an account with them and I can do almost everything online with them, which I love.

Mind you, I knew they sold off mortgages immediately after the loan has been closed on, so this might annoy some people. My coworker who got a loan through them a few years ago is serviced by Wells Fargo soon after closing.
I used AMFED for my refi about 6 months ago and had no problems - and NO hidden fees, despite what some who have never dealt with the company claim. I've been through no less than 9 purchases/refis in my life, so I know a hidden fee when I see one.

I would use them again in a heartbeat, and about the mortgage sale - yes, mine is with chase now as well, but they tell you in one of the first papers that you get that they WILL do this.

They are NOT too good to be true. I've rec'd them a few times and my friends are using them. A member of this board rec'd them to me (along with a RL friend) and I'm glad I listened.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:50 PM

316 posts, read 943,263 times
I am using them now. so far so good. i didn't like the $1,000 lock rate fee though. i tried to get it waived but to no avail. anyone have any thoughts on that?

Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM

381 posts, read 1,309,583 times
We got our lock-in fee refunded when we were turned down for a refi - less $300 application fee which we didn't pay up front. I don't think that per se is an issue.

Where we had a problem with AmFed is that we were denied a refi for a stupid technical reason that we think they should have foreseen. (Our income increased a lot in the past two years but it only shows up on one tax return so far - they need two years of tax returns. We got our original mortgage 14 months ago with no such requirement.) They dragged out our application for over two months with many requests for more documentation, all the while our agent saying "I think you're fine," "I'm sure they'll approve you." We were shocked when they rejected us. We felt he didn't know his job and cost us time and energy and maybe the window of current low interest rates.

Plus, after we were turned down, they offered us a much higher rate with the documentation we did have. It felt like a bait and switch.

We wouldn't use them again, obviously.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:24 AM

well i hope that was more of an islolated incident then a frequent occurance! so far the reviews have been pretty consistently positive. I locked in 4.875% on a 30 yr fixed loan this past week with them, 50 day lock, zero points.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 AM

the only other concern I had was that the APR looked a little high (i guess that is due to PMI though). and the estimated closing costs on the GFE were estimated on the high side. i was told this was done purposely though and that my actualy closing costs will be lower than was is disclosed here.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:46 PM

592 posts, read 2,187,860 times
they are legit, i used them 3 times. They do not charge any fees and will refund the $1000 lock-in fee at closing. Make sure you get that from them. Their rates are similar to all other brokers.

My only problem with them is they sell the mortgage to banks after 1-2 months of closing, and it sometimes cause confusion, like who to send the next payment to etc..

overall good experience and will use again

Old 03-23-2010, 05:57 AM

564 posts, read 1,722,135 times
Default Need some pointers for AFMC

We went under contract yesterday, and need to get a loan now. We have 30 days to get the loan, and I would like to work with someone reliable. For those of you that had good experience with AFMC - please provide me with the name of your loan officer, and a phone number if possible. I need to get started on this right away, since I will be away on business for a couple of trips during the 30 day time frame...

We were prequalified by Wells Fargo (but then I saw this thread), so that's another option we are considering. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you, all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey