Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 09:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Diane is fine, misunderstood at times but then some of her posts leave you shaking your head.
have no fear Diane has not removed your dubious honor...lol

Most people who travel at all know that TN is not all hillbillies & trailer parks.
I have friends who live by Knoxville in the Smoky mountains, quite beautiful but not for me except to vacation there.
i visited my brother when he was working in nashville. it was a surprise. the place was awesome. food was delicious, people were beautiful, lots of nightlife, beautiful surroundings, etc. it helped me realize that people choose to think negatively of other places so that they can be happier where they are.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I have 4 Bedrooms, Had 2.5 in Mamalapan, and Bergan County is way to crowded for me. That is why I lived in Mommouth County.

I can't see paying almost $500K for a fixer upper with 1 bathroom. That is what Bergen county has. Nashville is not a Hick town.
Either you don't know what you're talking about or you're lying.

Quote:
52 Main St, Westwood NJ 07675 Home for Sale - Yahoo! Real Estate (http://realestate.yahoo.com/New_Jersey/Westwood/52-main-st:3e16ea4511dfa3cfc66c4ce53e4d4161 - broken link)
52 Main St
Westwood, NJ 07675

$439,000

Bed(s):

Bath(s):

Type:
Single Family Home

Sq/Ft:
-

MLS Number:

Age (years):
-

Date listed on Yahoo!:
September 01, 2009
(34 days ago)

More property detail
Source: Realty Express Countywide

Description

EXPANDED RANCH BORDERED BY PAPER STREET. IDEAL FOR VERY LARGE OR EXTENDED FAMILY. 2 FIREPLACES, 5 BEDROOMS, 3 BATHS. NEWER ROOF, FRESHLY PAINTED MASON EXTERIOR, NEWER WINDOWS, BASEBOARD HOT WATER HEAT.2 CAR ATTACHED GARAGE. CONCRETE FRONT PORCH AND SIDE PATIO. ALL HARDWOOD FLOORS, EVEN IN THE BASEMENT. SEPARATE ENTRANCE FOR BASEMENT AREA,FEATURING LARGE ROOMS AND LAUNDRY IN KITCHEN. THREE ZONE HEAT. NEW GARAGE DOOR. CLOSE TO EVERYTHING.
And YES, Nashville is a hick town. It's tiny and extremely limiited. You don't even have Major League Baseball there. It's the country music and KKK capital of the USA.

Quote:
ICON in the Gulch - Nashville, TN (http://www.iconinthegulch.com/enter.html - broken link)

Nashville Condos, Lofts and Townhomes | The Viridian - Werthan Mills in Nashville, Tennessee

Terrazzo Nashville, THE GULCH, Condominiums

These are just a few of the new high rises downtown. Right now they are a really good investment. I love the Gulch area for its shops and different, non chain restaurants.

Diane G

Diane G
You are very money-oriented and materialistic, aren't you???

Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
And YES, Nashville is a hick town. It's tiny and extremely limiited. You don't even have Major League Baseball there. It's the country music and KKK capital of the USA.
have you been there? since when is having a baseball team anything that means anything significant?

i stayed at the loews vanderbilt hotel which is right near vanderbilt university. we had dinner in the area and we hung around outside while waiting for our table. it was generally the most attractive crowd of people i have ever seen. they dont look anything like what you would label as "hicks" and "rednecks."

Old 10-06-2009, 09:43 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
have you been there? since when is having a baseball team anything that means anything significant?

i stayed at the loews vanderbilt hotel which is right near vanderbilt university. we had dinner in the area and we hung around outside while waiting for our table. it was generally the most attractive crowd of people i have ever seen. they dont look anything like what you would label as "hicks" and "rednecks."
LOL, tell that to a die hard yankee fan or a Red Sox fan who grew up in Boston

Old 10-06-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
LOL, tell that to a die hard yankee fan or a Red Sox fan who grew up in Boston
yeah, im not a sports fan at all, only enjoy watching mixed martial arts fighting. but still, there have to be many great cities out there that dont have baseball teams.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
Quote:
yeah, im not a sports fan at all, only enjoy watching mixed martial arts fighting. but still, there have to be many great cities out there that dont have baseball teams.
There are...Savannah is one of my favorites with no baseball, football or basketball

Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 AM

835 posts, read 1,179,694 times
Quote:
I have 4 Bedrooms, Had 2.5 in Mamalapan, and Bergan County is way to crowded for me. That is why I lived in Mommouth County.

I can't see paying almost $500K for a fixer upper with 1 bathroom. That is what Bergen county has. Nashville is not a Hick town.

ICON in the Gulch - Nashville, TN (http://www.iconinthegulch.com/enter.html - broken link)

Nashville Condos, Lofts and Townhomes | The Viridian - Werthan Mills in Nashville, Tennessee

Terrazzo Nashville, THE GULCH, Condominiums

These are just a few of the new high rises downtown. Right now they are a really good investment. I love the Gulch area for its shops and different, non chain restaurants.

Diane G

Diane G
If nashville is a hicktown, then bergen county is all grease head italian mobsters. Probably why they can afford all the outrageous home prices and taxes.

A descent condo near a commutable area is 450k plus

Wayne real estate & Wayne homes for sale | Condos,Townhomes,Co-ops - REALTOR.com®

Wait till you see the taxes on those and with jersey melting down, the prices are dropping so even when you buy it, you will take a loss.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I went once but only briefly; I spent more time in Memphis, which is a bit different (and bigger). Having a Major League team is a good rule of thumb in determinig the size and socio-economic stature of a city. Big cities tend to have more of them. But that is by no means the only reason I call Nashville a hick town.

Quote:
What's your point? Who says hicks and rednecks are never attractive? I never said such a thing; in fact, there are hicks and rednecks who are attractive.

And what's your point about the hotel stay? That they have hotels and a university? How is that supposed to be any indication of anything? Many cities do.

Basically, you were in the area of the university which is bound to be full of young people who are generally attractive just by virtue of their youth. Not to mention that in the university area you will find students who come from ALL over (especially at Vandy which is not a state school), not actual Nashville residents.

Perhaps if you saw the office I worked in you'd realize why I say it's a hick place. Fortune 500 company and the type of people who worked there were unlike what I work with in NY or NJ. That's typical for a lot of cities in the nation though. I have to adjust and remember that they talk openly and matter-of-factly about their pregnant teens and their relatives in jail and their various divorces and ex'es.

It's a hick town with a dominating hick mentality. Injecting money into their world doesn't make them any less hick, it just makes them hicks with a little more money and more retail stores (mostly big-box) at which to spend that money.

Oh, it's a hick town alright...

Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 AM

835 posts, read 1,179,694 times
Quote:
i visited my brother when he was working in nashville. it was a surprise. the place was awesome. food was delicious, people were beautiful, lots of nightlife, beautiful surroundings, etc. it helped me realize that people choose to think negatively of other places so that they can be happier where they are.
the women in TN are so gorgeous and friendly compared to a majority of people up here.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post
If nashville is a hicktown, then bergen county is all grease head italian mobsters. Probably why they can afford all the outrageous home prices and taxes.
Ethnic slurs now? Consider that reported.

Quote:
First of all, you mean "decent". "Descent" is "coming down", as in a descent from a mountain top or a plane's descent just before landing at its destination. Please learn English. They have this thing called "school" you may want to look into.

Yes, there are condo's and townhomes for 450+. So what? I posted a 5 bedroom, 3 bath single family home w/ 2 fireplaces and attached 2-car garage for $430K - in BERGEN county, which is nicer and more "commutable" than Wayne (which is in Passaic Cty).

Quote:
Wait till you see the taxes on those and with jersey melting down, the prices are dropping so even when you buy it, you will take a loss.
Oh yeah, the mythical "meltdown" of NJ. LOL too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey