Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:06 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,636,770 times

Advertisements

I might be tempted to vote third party if I knew it wasn't another drop in Corslime's bucket.

Once again, this year will be another election where NJ citizens are bombarded with fear tactics rather than genuine information. Corslime's campaign called my home about two days ago and started slinging their usual mud with a pre-recorded message. It's hard to believe that just "voting" will change the mindset and the tactics here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 08:34 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
I might be tempted to vote third party if I knew it wasn't another drop in Corslime's bucket.

Once again, this year will be another election where NJ citizens are bombarded with fear tactics rather than genuine information. Corslime's campaign called my home about two days ago and started slinging their usual mud with a pre-recorded message. It's hard to believe that just "voting" will change the mindset and the tactics here.
the problem is that politics is 100% corrupt. all politicians know this and part of their game is to keep the public from realizing it. thats why sometimes they try to protect other politicians when they get caught and sometimes they might throw them to the wolves. they all know that every single one of them does the same exact crap that the other guy got caught doing.

every single vote is bought, every bill is written to pay off people, everything a politician does is 100% for their own benefit regardless of whether or not it is the right thing to do.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm 51, my child, and haven't missed an election yet.
Ah, a youngster. 51 is the new 41.

I'm also older than you.

Quote:
You may not have noticed this, but just voting is not always a solution in New Jersey.
I've noticed. I've also noticed the pi$$-poor turnout numbers at elections.

Quote:
Nor is mere incompetence always the issue, although I guess you could technically claim that corruption is incompetence.
I put them in the same basket as far as what they do to a state that could accomplish so much more given what it has been blessed with.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
[quote=doc1;11113464]
Quote:

Ah, a youngster. 51 is the new 41.

I'm also older than you.

I've noticed. I've also noticed the pi$$-poor turnout numbers at elections.

I put them in the same basket as far as what they do to a state that could accomplish so much more given what it has been blessed with.
Cool, thanks for letting me know I'm only 41 now! I like your way of thinking.

Voter turnout is pretty sad.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:11 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the problem is that politics is 100% corrupt. all politicians know this and part of their game is to keep the public from realizing it. thats why sometimes they try to protect other politicians when they get caught and sometimes they might throw them to the wolves. they all know that every single one of them does the same exact crap that the other guy got caught doing.

every single vote is bought, every bill is written to pay off people, everything a politician does is 100% for their own benefit regardless of whether or not it is the right thing to do.
Of course. When I see them doing these occasional sweeps and leading out the present politicians in handcuffs, I figure the next set of crooks got 'em and is just waiting to take their places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey