U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 09:09 PM

13 posts, read 39,264 times

Advertisements

Please give me some ideas of where to live with this criteria. I'm thinking Hightstown, but I'm not familiar with the area. Basically, any town halfway b/t Jersey City and South Jersey will do. It can be a little closer to JC, as the commute to South Jersey will most likely be only for several months. Also, please recommend some nice apartments/rentals in the area. Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:48 AM

8,570 posts, read 16,879,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenleo View Post
Please give me some ideas of where to live with this criteria. I'm thinking Hightstown, but I'm not familiar with the area. Basically, any town halfway b/t Jersey City and South Jersey will do. It can be a little closer to JC, as the commute to South Jersey will most likely be only for several months. Also, please recommend some nice apartments/rentals in the area. Thanks in advance!
South Jersey is a huge area, you might get more replies with more details. Also, since it's only for a few months, why deal with it at all? You DO realize that the closer you go to Jersey City, the higher the rentals? I have a friend renting a 2 bedroom in JC who pays $1800 plus utilities - she's close to Bayonne. There are higher rents you can pay.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:20 PM

13 posts, read 39,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
South Jersey is a huge area, you might get more replies with more details. Also, since it's only for a few months, why deal with it at all? You DO realize that the closer you go to Jersey City, the higher the rentals? I have a friend renting a 2 bedroom in JC who pays $1800 plus utilities - she's close to Bayonne. There are higher rents you can pay.
I'll need to commute to Mt. Laurel for 3 - 6 months. BF works in JC. I really don't want to deal with a 80+ mile (each way) commute, so that's why we're looking for someplace between b/t JC and Mt Laurel. Ideally my commute would be no more than 45 - 60 min. Budget is up to 1400 for a 1-bedroom.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:23 PM

691 posts, read 2,893,540 times
I wouldn't go further north than the North Brunswick area if you want to keep your commute under 1hr to Mt Laurel. I would look into Hamilton, NJ and areas around the Princeton Jct station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey