Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:47 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
my "moronic parents" would've had life terms in prison!
HaHA.....mine as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 AM

31 posts, read 93,828 times
tahiti - Mine too!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:30 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
HaHA.....mine as well

My father smoked in the car while I was pregnant...how much time for that? LOL-he did put it out when I asked him to with a "Oh-I forgot you were pregnant."

Old 10-09-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
My father smoked in the car while I was pregnant...how much time for that? LOL-he did put it out when I asked him to with a "Oh-I forgot you were pregnant."
But you know what.......we all survived

Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,967,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by al01721 View Post
Yes, in order to protect the innocent it is necessary.

and who decides what is right and what is wrong? You? people who think like you?

like someone said, this is the beginning of a very slippery slope and anyone with half a brain should be very wary of the group think that you endorse

Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
and who decides what is right and what is wrong? You? people who think like you?

like someone said, this is the beginning of a very slippery slope and anyone with half a brain should be very wary of the group think that you endorse
Yup...........and the ones that jump on the bandwagon will continue to do so until the gov decides something they do is now dangerous to them or others

Old 03-06-2008, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,263 times
Default Sorry no data! It's all "estimates"

This argument is pure B.S. until I see hard empirical evidence. No studies have been done! They arrived at the numbers by looking at the number of people admitted to hospitals with illnesses "related" to 2nd hand smoke (i.e. heart and lung problems), and then estimating (pulling out their ass) the number of people exposed to 2nd hand smoke. Every link provided by anti-smokers has yet to lead me to a site that shows that the supposed health problems caused by 2nd hand smoke are anything but the normal occurence\incidence of the symptoms. Regardless, bar and club owners should have the right to decide for themselves if their clientele would appreciate a smoking ban. This is an example of HEALTH FASCISM! Fascism: A social and political ideology with the primary guiding principle that the state or nation is the highest priority, rather than personal or individual freedoms. I'm going to start protesting people who cough on me in an attempt to complain about my smoking (outside no less), while exhaust emmiting cars buzz by me (maybe I can draw a correlation between auto exhaust and health problems, maybe not). I don't appreciate the bateria ridden tofu flecks peppering my face. Time for us smokers to get real through peaceful political dissent. Organize a smoke out in public places that ban it (like the beaches and sidewalks of my community in certain places). Fight the unjust fine imposed. The city of El Cajon recently banned smoking ON THE STREET!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I have just as much right as you to go where I please...can we meet a compromise? NO! I give an inch and you take a mile. I'm tired of the oldest, weak, emotional tactic being pulled out...IT'S FOR THE KIDS, THE KIDSSSSS!! Guess what? I don't have children, don't plan on it, but I still pay taxes for your precious kids education. I don't care about you, or your kids...sorry, but I dont. So you and your kids please stay out of my bar! Take you asses down to TGI Fridays and enjoy the flair...I'll be smoking outside (for now).

[url=http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20030515/secondhand-smoke-study-raises-ire]Secondhand Smoke Study Raises Ire[/url]

Old 03-07-2008, 05:36 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
But you know what.......we all survived
Yes we did, along with no seatbelts, no bicycle helmets etc...our parents must have been terrible! BTW, my mother also smoked, and ate lunch meat and shellfish while pregnant....OMG call DYFS !

Old 03-23-2008, 02:21 PM

7 posts, read 34,960 times
Angry Stupid is as Stupid Does

To date, March of 2008, the total amount of vehicles stopped for smoking while endangering the health of a juvenile due to parental ignorance in Keyport is Zero. Amount of fines collected for above Borough ordinance $ZERO. The ordinance was not cheap to create with hourly fees for Attorney review and research, posting in newspapers and advertising. These fees will no doubt far exceed any monies that will ever be collected in fines from any enforcement actions.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:31 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
HaHA.....mine as well
Smoke? Not only did they smoke but how many of our parents use to get bombed at one of the family wedding parties and then attempt to drive us all home in that lovely wooden panelled station wagon : ))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey