Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,440,622 times

Advertisements

ok strange thing this am.first of all i've been unemployed for over a year. i must have applied for hundreds of jobs..nothing..very depressed and about ready to give up..so anyway im getting ready to drive daughter to school and i notice a car parked at the end of my street with someone in it.(small station wagon,white)i grab my binoculars and its a man reading newspaper. drive my daughter to school notice when i come back car is gone..2 minutes later he drives past my house very slow the goes around block and parks car again same place. i have strange feeling he's following me,so the way he is parked he would be able to see me leaving my house but if i go through basement he would not so i go through basement.pull out turn corner and would'nt you know it he's about a car behind me going very slow..he follows me until i lose him.has not been back. does anyone know if unemployment watches people? i will keep my eye out for him tomorrow..if he does come again should i approach or call police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
I honestly think you are being paranoid. Unemployment does not watch people (watch for what????). Don't even worry about it. Or, if you are that worried about it, call the cops. But I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:13 AM

273 posts, read 684,435 times
its probably not unemployment but it does sound weird i would get the plate number and call police.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:15 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
ok strange thing this am.first of all i've been unemployed for over a year. i must have applied for hundreds of jobs..nothing..very depressed and about ready to give up..so anyway im getting ready to drive daughter to school and i notice a car parked at the end of my street with someone in it.(small station wagon,white)i grab my binoculars and its a man reading newspaper. drive my daughter to school notice when i come back car is gone..2 minutes later he drives past my house very slow the goes around block and parks car again same place. i have strange feeling he's following me,so the way he is parked he would be able to see me leaving my house but if i go through basement he would not so i go through basement.pull out turn corner and would'nt you know it he's about a car behind me going very slow..he follows me until i lose him.has not been back. does anyone know if unemployment watches people? i will keep my eye out for him tomorrow..if he does come again should i approach or call police?
I doubt the state watches unemployed people lol...Seriously, maybe you have a stalker on your hands?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midagegirl View Post
its probably not unemployment but it does sound weird i would get the plate number and call police.
More then likely not, unless they have received numerous complaints,allegations that you are working under the table while collecting.

I would try & get the plate and call police if it happens again or me I would walk up to car and ask him what he was doing

Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
More then likely not, unless they have received numerous complaints,allegations that you are working under the table while collecting.

I would try & get the plate and call police if it happens again or me I would walk up to car and ask him what he was doing
Kate! damn girl. You have ballzz lol..I couldn't lol....I would get the plate too and give the local police in the area a call....

Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Kate! damn girl. You have ballzz lol..I couldn't lol....I would get the plate too and give the local police in the area a call....

Hell yes as long as it was daylight out
She should call & report a suspicious vehicle & try to get the plate #

Old 10-14-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Hell yes as long as it was daylight out
She should call & report a suspicious vehicle & try to get the plate #
You are funny Kate lol.. Definitely report it to police. ITA!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
You are funny Kate lol.. Definitely report it to police. ITA!

LOL...I was born & raised in Jersey City therefore I do not scare easily...

Old 10-14-2009, 09:15 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
are you a milf? maybe you have a stalker.

its definitely not the unemployment folks. that doesnt mean that it cant be someone following you. make sure to keep your gun handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey